[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Nancy Wilson

Wink Nancy Wilson

Dusty Groove has listed Music On My Mind/Life, Love And Harmony w/ bonus tracks by Nancy Wilson as an upcoming mid-April release. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You/Now I'm A Woman is still scheduled to be out later this month.

Looking forward to hearing the remastered versions of some of these great songs.

Hi,

I likes a lot "Lonely, Lonely" [[she recorded before The Intruders) and "Let's Fall In Love All Over Again" [[I think, originally by Gail Anderson and also covered by Lou Rawls and Billy Paul), both fine tracks included on "I'm A Woman Now". Kenny Gamble says on an Interview that "Unmistakably Lou" and "I'm A Woman Now" are the two albums he is most proud to have produced!

Cheers to all

Jimmy gave a statement for the liner notes of Nancy's new compilation album.
    Kevin Goins can tell you more about the release.

S.S.

I'd like to see "Hurt So Bad" come out on CD, but i'd better not mention my needledrop of it. Seems the last time I commented on one, the post was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi,

I likes a lot "Lonely, Lonely" [[she recorded before The Intruders) and "Let's Fall In Love All Over Again" [[I think, originally by Gail Anderson and also covered by Lou Rawls and Billy Paul), both fine tracks included on "I'm A Woman Now". Kenny Gamble says on an Interview that "Unmistakably Lou" and "I'm A Woman Now" are the two albums he is most proud to have produced!

Cheers to all
    Hi Manny,

One of my favorite cuts on the "Now I'm A Woman" LP is "Joe", an outstanding ballad. Dusty Springfield and Jackie Moore also did superb versions of this song.

I see that SoulMusic is releasing another set of Nancy Wilson albums on CD... "Sound of Nancy Wilson" and "Nancy".

What about "Kaleidoscope"? It's my favorite Nancy Wilson album. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it has been on CD in any form? Maybe it's planned in this series? Anybody know? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    What about "Kaleidoscope"? It's my favorite Nancy Wilson album. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it has been on CD in any form? Maybe it's planned in this series? Anybody know? Thanks.
    Yes it's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Yes it's coming...
    Thank you brother love. Any info on when? I checked soulmusic.com to see if there was a release schedule and I couldn't find one.

I've been listening to Nancy Wilson all afternoon. I got Can't Take My Eyes..../Now I'm A Woman and played it late night. It's so good, mood music. An old episode of I Spy in which Nancy guest starred was on Aspire this evening and it will air again tonight at 1 a.m.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Love this clip. Epitomizes everything this lady is. Classy, beautiful, graceful, elegant. Incredible pipes and exquisite phrasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmrDS2Zhaw

As far as female vocal stylist's go it doesn't get much better than Fancy Nancy.

S.S.

smark21 Guest
    She’s an excellent guitarist as well.

Thanks for posting that clip, misty. I enjoyed that .
    Oh, smark's got jokes!..LOL...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Splanky!

Is it Nancy or is it Nancy???

S.S.

smark21 Guest
    I do wonder if the two Nancy Wilsons ever met? Some years ago I was active at a discussion board for Heart and one of the members there posted about the time they were excited to find out Nancy Wilson was coming to town for a concert. The person attended and was quite surprised to get a jazz show, not a rock show. But the person ended up having a nice evening out and enjoyed the show.

At last! After all my years of waiting, it's finally on CD! Just received notice my copy of "Kaleidoscope" has shipped. Ordered it from importcds. $19.06 [[s&h included). The other album on the twofer is "I Know I Love Him". A good news day!

At last! After all my years of waiting, it's finally on CD! Just received notice my copy of "Kaleidoscope" has shipped. Ordered it from importcds. $19.06 [[s&h included). The other album on the twofer is "I Know I Love Him". A good news day!
    Good news, indeed! We've waited a looooooog time for Kaleidoscope.