[REMOVE ADS]

Gq san jose soul jam

GQ now down to one person,original member Emanuel Raheim LeBlanc, who gave a high energy set with outstanding vocals. Great voice, a big hit with the audience...
    Set list - Let's Get It On, Sitting In The Park, I Do Love You, Disco Nights

Name:  P1000419.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  75.5 KBName:  P1000420.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  79.5 KBName:  P1000422.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  73.2 KBName:  P1000421.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  76.0 KB

LeBlanc was truly an original for that era. I was a huge GQ fan; I thought that they were the quintessential New York musical quartet. Their mix was on point for all of their records and even though LeBlanc [["Mr. Q", these days) was the person most associated with the band, all of those brothers could rock. Their "Face to Face" LP remains one of the best and most overlooked records of the '80s. I remember seeing a set by them back in 1981 and I was upset that the set list was so short [[they opened the concert for Heatwave and Sister Sledge, and Sister Sledge only had one album that I was familiar with). But they managed to rock it out anyway.

From show promotional material

Name:  EPSON001.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  88.4 KB