[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brown Eyed Woman - The Righteous Brothers

Who were the background singers on that track... They sound GOOD!!!

The Blossoms - "Brown Eyed Woman" was written about Darlene Love

Wow i didnt know that! They [[The Blossoms) sound really good on that track

"Brown Eyed Woman" was a solo recording by Bill Medley, for which I paid a fortune to obtain on a MGM promo 45 about 25 years ago, I suppose £7.00 doesn't seem much now, but back in the day.

topdiva1 Guest
    The Blossoms where really great singers.

Probably the biggest solo record Medley ever had [[aside from his song from Dirty Dancing)...Bobby Hatfield tried for a short time to make it with a new partner [[Jimmy Walker, late of the Knickerbockers of "Lies" fame), but when that didn't work, he opted to do some solo stuff as well.

Best,

Mark

Bill and Darlene were involved in a relationship. She talks about it in her autobiography.

Brown Eyed Woman was a big hit in New York. It should have done better than #43 on the Hot 100 but it's a Great Record!! nevertheless.

Late to the thread[[haven't checked in in a while). Brown Eyed Woman is not only my favorite Bill Medley record, but it would be on a desert island disc if I could only have one 80 minute CD to listen to for the rest of my life.

New thread, anyone? ;-)