[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Robert Berry Bullock

The Velvelettes have been asked to speak at the funeral of Robert Berry Bullock - son of Esther Gordy - this coming Friday.

I haven't been able to find any reports about his passing. If anyone sees a link, could they post here please

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/d...mourn_cel.html

There is a picture here of Mr. Bullock, when his Mother passed away.

I remember Robert. I met him through Esther years ago. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Marv

I have a friend who works at the funeral home. He just told me that he'll be working at the funeral Friday.

A Motown passing

Condolences to Motown Historical Museum chair Robin Terry and the Gordy family on the Feb. 8 death of Terry's father, Robert Berry Bullock , at age 69, a year and a half after the death of his mother, museum founder Esther Gordy Edwards . Services are at noon today at the James H. Cole Funeral Home, 16100 Schaefer Highway. Bullock attended Western Michigan University at the same time as several Velvelettes , and he urged them to audition for Motown. "There would have been no audition without Robert," says Bertha Barbee McNeal .
    "I admired Robert's quiet manner, he was such a gentleman." Velvelette Norma Fairhurst last saw him in 2011 at his mother's funeral. "I told him what a great job he did, speaking at her funeral, how proud she'd be. We used to talk about Mary Wells and Marvin Gaye , and all the fun times we used to have."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2Ky5j29nT

Thank you for the link Carole

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    A Motown passing

Condolences to Motown Historical Museum chair Robin Terry and the Gordy family on the Feb. 8 death of Terry's father, Robert Berry Bullock , at age 69, a year and a half after the death of his mother, museum founder Esther Gordy Edwards . Services are at noon today at the James H. Cole Funeral Home, 16100 Schaefer Highway. Bullock attended Western Michigan University at the same time as several Velvelettes , and he urged them to audition for Motown. "There would have been no audition without Robert," says Bertha Barbee McNeal .
    "I admired Robert's quiet manner, he was such a gentleman." Velvelette Norma Fairhurst last saw him in 2011 at his mother's funeral. "I told him what a great job he did, speaking at her funeral, how proud she'd be. We used to talk about Mary Wells and Marvin Gaye , and all the fun times we used to have."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2Ky5j29nT
    Ms. Cucumber – Amazing! Some of the photographs you post seem to look exactly like Detroit News photographs. Can you please tell us where we might findsuch high resolution Motown-related photographs for purchase? No one wants to infringe on someone else’scopyright. Since you are always postingon this site, we’ll look forward to your reply. Thanks for sharing the images.