[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson & The Sequins/GOWNS ARE HERE AND NOW YOU'LL SEE - In Philadelphia

What I find really impressive is that Mary Wilson [[still sexy) and is now [[almost) back to her 1965 size!!!!

The Supremes in 1968 and Mary Wilson in 2013, Philadelphia.

Mary Wilson knows and appreciates her place in pop music history and pays it forward recalling the glamorous African American women like Josephine Baker, Pearl Bailey, Lena Horne and Dorothy Dandridge who inspired her, Diana Ross & Florence Ballard. Perhaps it is the former school teacher in me, but a lot of today's crop of "stars" would do well to bone up on their history.

Mary and the gown exhibit were featured on Channel 6 Action News this morning here in Philly.

I'm so disappointed that so many of the sets gowns only have one on display. :-[[

She is getting a ton of publicity for this exhibition. It was like this when it was over in the U.K. at the Victoria & Albert Museum. I have to believe that as it makes it's way across the U.S., it is going to get even more.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    I'm so disappointed that so many of the sets gowns only have one on display. :-[[
    Having worked the gowns I can say that they are not all in the best condition to be displayed. In fact, Mary still have many sets in her collection that have never been on display in any of the gown exhibits because they were too fragile or in poor condition to be displayed. The stress of being on a mannequin could cause further damage. Sometimes one gown is displayed to represent a set because the other two don't look too good. Another option why there may only be one gown could be a shortage of mannequins and not enough to display the full set. A third option might be some gowns have been displayed so much they need time to rest.