[REMOVE ADS]

Thank you Dr King and God Bless President Obama on this Inauguration Day and always.

Heavenly Father,

Bless President Obama with your Holy Spirit every day that he is in office. Father in Heaven please secure his safety and the safety of his family. As the President of the United States, he is a leader among leaders. Keep him close to your side so that he might lead with the humility of one whose eyes are focused on the Most High God. Protect President Obama and the citizens of our great country this here United States of America, I ask this in the name of your son Jesus who died on the cross for our sins and rose again for our salvation.

Your humble and devoted servant.

Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta75; 01-21-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Amen.

[[Cosign)

We have had 33 years of the conservative/evangelical/Ayn Rand libertarian point of view, and I have had more than my fill of it. I'm so glad that the era of Ronald Reagan's voodoo economics is over.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    We have had 33 years of the conservative/evangelical/Ayn Rand libertarian point of view, and I have had more than my fill of it. I'm so glad that the era of Ronald Reagan's voodoo economics is over.
    Over?! This new breed of anti-American ultra-conservative Tea Bagging wingnuts make Ronald Reagan look like LBJ. They won't be happy until they control the process of deciding who runs the country to make sure they decide who gets to do it. And there are tons of sheep out there ready to kill or die for that cause of being led by Randian control freaks, even to their detriment. This thing is just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Over?! This new breed of anti-American ultra-conservative Tea Bagging wingnuts make Ronald Reagan look like LBJ. They won't be happy until they control the process of deciding who runs the country to make sure they decide who gets to do it. And there are tons of sheep out there ready to kill or die for that cause of being led by Randian control freaks, even to their detriment. This thing is just beginning.
    Oh. I know they are all still out there, but most of them have gotten quiet since the last election...well, except for the gun nut I ran into the other day that is convinced that the Obama is going to take away our guns. I asked him how this will be accomplished and he could not answer. I guess he didn't want rational thinking to get in the way of his fantasies of Obama being a communist dictator. The guy made Wayne LaPierre look like an Obama fanboy.

Sadly, at a time that I should be optimistic about this country, I've never been more pessimistic. The Aryans have been hoping for a reason to start their race war for decades and it just might be possible now. I know somebody like the guy you know and whereas he and I get along fine in most regards, he absolutely consumes and regurgitates everything he sees and hears on Faux News and "conservative radio".

Sadly, at a time that I should be optimistic about this country, I've never been more pessimistic. The Aryans have been hoping for a reason to start their race war for decades and it just might be possible now. I know somebody like the guy you know and whereas he and I get along fine in most regards, he absolutely consumes and regurgitates everything he sees and hears on Faux News and "conservative radio".
    Man! I thought I lived in a bad part of the country! You sound like you see more crazies than I do.

He once dropped a bomb about Obama wanting gun control but couldn't tell me that he thought the president would actually attempt to take guns away from anyone who already had them, especially since half the forces [[police, National Guard) would balk given that they're wingnuts. He said that Obama took surplus military ammo off the open market and made it more expensive to purchase bullets, so that's why he bought into the anti-gun message. When I asked him if buying extra bullets to put them on the market to keep prices low wasn't the same as a government stimulus for the ammunition industry, he told me that he had to think about it.

He also told me that Obama was a muslim in spite of the president's insistence on being Christian, but when I asked why his choice in '12, Rick Santorum, was any different, he said that Santorum was a Catholic. So, he took Santorum's word for it, but Obama was lying about it. These people are crazy.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 01-24-2013 at 11:13 AM.

He also told me that Obama was a muslim in spite of the president's insistence on being Christian, but when I asked why his choice in '12, Rick Santorum, was any different, he said that Santorum was a Catholic. So, he took Santorum's word for it, but Obama was lying about it. These people are crazy.
    You and I both know why he wouldn't take Obama's word for it: Obama is not white. It's the same old fear of the White man being fearful of the Black man [[never mind that Obama is mixed).

I'm pretty good at reading between the lines, Soulster. Obama made an absolutely true statement about people clinging to familiar things [[guns and religion) during tough time and he was called "elitist". He also said that he wanted every parent to be able to send his/her child to college and he was called a "snob". If you listen closely, you'll hear the phrase "uppity n*gger" in the inflection of these words. Sorry to be harsh, but some folks just refuse to accept an African-American to be commander-in-chief.