[REMOVE ADS]

Telma, Tony and Joyce Recent performance

I dont know what it is about these three they are one of the very few groups that I dont think of as a lead and two background singers. Even Dave and Sugar [[country version of Tony Orlando and Dawn) were not a group to me these three are a group. I wonder if its from the show on tv or how they were presented. I watched their show faithfully and the girls always had a part where they sang without Mr Orlando. I like him as a solo but like Gladys Knight I like him better with Dawn as I do her and the Pips. Not only is the vocal blending still great they have a good chemistry together.

WONDERFUL!! and so great to see Joyce where she BELONGS, performing with her own group, and singing her own hits, instead of singing with women who sang on no top 20 hit in their lives.

Not quite so recent though, I made that show in 2003 - hard to think it's been a decade.

We did a fun bit at the beginning with people coming up asking for Dawn/Telma and Joyce by name "featuring Tony Orlando" with me and Tony walking up the street.

One song we never used was "Purple Rain" by the three of them - it was stunning and magical, never rehearsed. I fought hard for it's release, but couldn't make it happen. They also did a great "Sweet Gypsy Rose" that night and their other hits. Truly beautiful individuals - - loved uniting them for that show.
    Last edited by tjl; 11-28-2013 at 02:43 AM.

My mistake-thought it was much more recent. Is this around the last time they appeared together?