[REMOVE ADS]

MW's Detroit Pistons performance

Shocking that I haven't seen this posted here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZtYqni...eature=related

When Mary gets contacted for performances such as this, I wonder how much control she has over song selection. It's been a while since I've seen her attempt "YCHL" live.

You have not been paying attention, it has been posted here already :
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...ow-Mary-Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Shocking that I haven't seen this posted here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZtYqni...eature=related
    Sorry skool; I didn't see that you had already posted this.

Didn't mean to clog the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    When Mary gets contacted for performances such as this, I wonder how much control she has over song selection. It's been a while since I've seen her attempt "YCHL" live.
    Marybrewster
    Sometimes it is hit or miss when Mary sings YCHL. I just her in October and it was a hit. She even took it down to the ground during the musical break in a long blue gown. Parnell told me Mary is singing those Supreme songs in the orignal key and close to the orignal arrangement, which can be a bit high for her at times. But I look at it like this, they are still calling her and she do has something to offer because she always give you a good performance over all.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Marybrewster
    Sometimes it is hit or miss when Mary sings YCHL. I just her in October and it was a hit. She even took it down to the ground during the musical break in a long blue gown. Parnell told me Mary is singing those Supreme songs in the orignal key and close to the orignal arrangement, which can be a bit high for her at times. But I look at it like this, they are still calling her and she do has something to offer because she always give you a good performance over all.
    This is a good point Rod. I understand the logic behind what she is doing. She is giving the fans the original key and the original arrangement ~ I noticed that when I watched the video. So the fans get that much of the original out of it even if it is a bit out of her range; also, you can get some help from the background vocalists to cover that over. So, overall, it might be a good idea and gives the fans what they want.

Here Mary from just the another night in LA!

I like this LA performance thanks Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I like this LA performance thanks Marv.
    You are welcome Stephanie. I hope you had a great Christmas and looking forward to a great big Happy New Year!