[REMOVE ADS]

Is next Supremes releae official?

A Go Go expanded?

No. Andy said on the last Nightflight program that it was definitely not "A Go Go", much to my disappointment.

How many tracks from "A Go Go" are there left? I kind of assumed that what was released on "Let the Music Play" reached the bottom of the barrel.

No A Go Go? That's disappointing to hear.

Amazing that A Go Go was such a big seller when it was mostly re-do's. But some of the re-do's were very strong. And there was a huge single off A Go Go.

smark21 Guest
    It may have been a big seller in its day, but overall, it’s one of their weaker albums, and a big comedown after More Hits and I Hear a Symphony.

Did he say what next release might be?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    It may have been a big seller in its day, but overall, it’s one of their weaker albums, and a big comedown after More Hits and I Hear a Symphony.
    Funny...it was my favorite Supremes album...that and "More Hits." I still think "A Go Go" is very strong. I love the concept of covering some of the big songs of the day. Still wish Flo had done the lead on "Boots!"

A Go Go is my all time favorite. The non-hits are stronger than those on WDOLG or MHBS. I never cared much for IHAS until the recent Expanded Edition and now after listening to the full stereo version, I like it much more. Of course, Itching just can't be stopped. I hope they find an alternate vocal for it when they do get to it. The instrumental version on the Funk Brothers set is like that first shot of coffee in the morning. Gets you goin'!

I have cross my fingers toes and double knotted my other extremitites that the next set released will come to my door in a box filled with songs that really get a hold on me, are great to play at sunset while drifting along with the tumbling tumbleweeds or whistle while you work, and send me while I shake!

I think that was the hint I picked up on during the Copa Nightflight show with Andy and George when they were asked what they were working on but then again maybe I drank too many Diana's Delights, Mary's Mystique, Jean's Jubilles and Cindy's Sins that evening.....

Id love the Farewell album expanded. Did Florence actually record a lead for Boots?

i liked half of A GO GO but i thought it was uneven. it starts off with power with hits like ITCHING IN MY HEART,CANT HURRY LOVE and there is a few good covers, SHAKE ME WAKE ME,GET READY,PUT YOURSELF IN MY PLACE but the rest seems watered down.
    HEATWAVE and SAME OLD SONG r both outt kes from these sessions. SING HDH is far better for me.

smark21 Guest
    The reason why I don’t care much for A Go Go is that about half the songs sound like they were recorded in one take with minimal time invested in writing the arrangements and rehearsing the music and vocals. Aside from the two hits, Wake Me, Shake Me, When It’s Over is my favorite song.

shake me ,wake me, is the best lp track,IMO.
    Love Is An Itching In my Heart is my fav single

thought the albums were coming in order but i suppose we skipped over the standards albums so it makes sense to go back and visit them. We Remember Sam Cooke is my fav

hmmmm versatyle stylists

alanbill1074 Guest
    I will be much happier once we have got "Funny Girl" and hopefully "G.I.T." on CD so that everything is out there in CD format. Likewise "Ross" and "Baby It's Me" expanded. After that anything else we get is a bonus. I'm amazed, but delighted, Hipo-o has run as long as it has. Thank you to whoever is keeping it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    A Go Go is my all time favorite. The non-hits are stronger than those on WDOLG or MHBS. I never cared much for IHAS until the recent Expanded Edition and now after listening to the full stereo version, I like it much more. Of course, Itching just can't be stopped. I hope they find an alternate vocal for it when they do get to it. The instrumental version on the Funk Brothers set is like that first shot of coffee in the morning. Gets you goin'!
    Thanxal - I have a test pressing of a version of LILAIIMH that was never released. The backing track and vocal are different. It's a bit "lighter" in feel. I think Motown did the right thing by going with the all-out foot-stopmin' version! A fav of mine.