[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross, Psy, Demi Lovato to perform on TNT’s ‘Christmas in Washington’

Jeff Zucker officially named president of CNN
    ‘The X Factor’: eight perform in another double-elimination week
    ‘Two and a Half Men’s’ Angus T. Jones apologizes for calling show ‘filth’; meme-ification begins [Updated]
    Fox makes plans to burn off ‘Mob Doctor’ episodes
    Entries By Category
    American Idol
    Dancing With the Stars
    Stories By Date
    Full Monthly Archive
    Posted at 12:54 PM ET, 11/29/2012
    Nov 29, 2012 05:54 PM EST

TheWashingtonPost
    By Emily Yahr

Psy performs on stage during a concert on the outskirts of Bangkok. [[PAIROJ - AFP/GETTY IMAGES)
    “Gangnam Style” is coming to Washington.

South Korean singer Psy — who currently holds the title for the most-watched YouTube video of all time with his “Gangnam” viral hit — will be one of the featured performers on TNT’s annual “Christmas in Washington” holiday special, the network announced Thursday.

In addition to Psy, who will close out the festivities that will have President Obama and the first lady in attendance, Diana Ross is scheduled to perform, along with Broadway actress and NBC’s “Smash” lead Megan Hilty. They’re joined by TNT’s collective effort to score a piece of the giant ratings for singing competition shows, including Demi Lovato [[“The X Factor”), Chris Mann [[“The Voice”) and Scotty McCreery [[“American Idol”) in the broadcast.

Plus, a plug for Turner Networks — Conan O’Brien, star of sister channel TBS’s late night show, will host the special for the second year in a row.

The special tapes Sunday, Dec. 9 at the National Building Museum and airs Friday, Dec. 21 on TNT.

By Emily Yahr | 12:54 PM ET, 11/29/2012

smark21 Guest
    So will Ross join Psy to do the Gangham Style horse dance?

Does anyone know how many Presidents Diana Ross has performed for?

Only ones I know she sung for was Nixon, Carter and Clinton... I know Dubya was president when she got the Kennedy Center Honors medal.

Will be interesting to see if she really is on and what she sings? Amazing Grace? It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

smark21 Guest
    More likely she’ll just do Ain’t No Mountain High Enough or one of her usual hits.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Only ones I know she sung for was Nixon, Carter and Clinton... I know Dubya was president when she got the Kennedy Center Honors medal.
    As a member of the Supremes, Diana also performed for Lyndon Johnson.

I see her singing "Amazing Grace" or a well known Christmas song. I also think she would wear that dress that lights up like a Christmas tree.

Did she do anything for Reagan?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    As a member of the Supremes, Diana also performed for Lyndon Johnson.
    I knew I was forgetting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Don't know. If she did, it was probably for children or something...

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I think she did a benefit for the Joffrey Ballet and Nancy Reagan was in attendance. Not sure if Ronald was as well.

• Diana Ross to Co-Host TNT’s ‘Christmas in Washington’ Special

November 30, 2012 By EURpublisher02 1 Comment

*Diana Ross will join “The X Factor” judge Demi Lovato and “Gangnam Style” sensation Psy to headline the annual Christmas in Washington special airing Dec. 21 on TNT.
      President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle will attend, and TNT’s late night host Conan O’Brien will host the telecast, to be taped in Washington D.C.’s National Building Museum, for the second consecutive year.
      Additional performers include “Smash” star Megan Hilty, former “The Voice” finalist Chris Mann and “American Idol” winner Scotty McCreery.
      This is the 14th year TNT will be broadcasting “Christmas in Washington.”

I'm thrilled that Diana will be singing at this event for the Obamas. I was disappointed when she was not a part of the Motown concert they had a couple years ago at the White House.

This is great news. The diva of all divas will sing for us right before the world ends.

smark21 Guest
    Looks like the show has an element of controversy. Psy is under attack for some anti American language he used 8-10 years ago in South Korea.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/mostl...e-rappe,89627/

If they dump Psy, that leaves more room for ***DIANA ROSS******!!!!

Who are any of these people and why is Diana Ross on this show?

Oh I just read it's going to be on TNT and not one of the major networks. Many will not see it.

Millions will see it, and ***DIANA ROSS***** is the *****STAR******!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Millions will see it, and ***DIANA ROSS***** is the *****STAR******!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok! hehehehehehehehehehehe........!!!!

I'm sure it doesn't matter to Diana Ross who watches it. One thing for sure, President Obama and First Lady Michelle will enjoy it. Hehehe. LoL.

About TNT

TNT is television's destination for drama. Seen in 99 million households and ranking among cable's top networks, TNT is home to such original drama serie s as Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, Dallas, Perception, Major Crimes, Franklin & Bash, Leverage, Southland and the upcoming Monday Mornings. The network also features dramatic unscripted originals like the upcoming Boston's Finest, 72 Hours and The Hero. In addition, TNT is the cable home to popular dramas like Castle, The Mentalist, Bones, Supernatural, Smallville and Law & Order; primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards®; blockbuster movies; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR, the NBA and the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.

TNT is part of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company. Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on televisi on and other platforms for consumers around the world.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 12-08-2012 at 02:06 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Does TNT have the same productions values as Channel 62 in Detroit back in the 70s and 80s?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Does TNT have the same productions values as Channel 62 in Detroit back in the 70s and 80s?
    No, WGPR Channel 62 was much better. Better commercials.........

well, I know that SOMEONE will be sitting in front of their TV the night of the show, clutching their voodoo doll with the big hair, shoving pins in...LOL!!..enjoy the show, everyone, as millions will!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    well, I know that SOMEONE will be sitting in front of their TV the night of the show, clutching their voodoo doll with the big hair, shoving pins in...LOL!!..enjoy the show, everyone, as millions will!
    What will be a bigger concern for him is that the damn network will reach a million times more people than the darn magazine!

Her Highness [[to him) is supposed to sing Amazing Grace.

What will be interesting for the rest of us is that Amazing Grace is not an easy song to sing, particularly for these aging girls, and we see so many of them struggling ~ Martha Reeves, Barbra Streisand, Aretha Franklin ~ none can sing anywhere near how they could. It will be interesting to see how "live" it is and how well Marv's "Miss Diane" does.

Diana did a good job of it four years ago. But, you make a good point. All of aging divas ain't what they were at their peak.

What's all this stuff about amazing grace? Who sings that on a Christmas special? She did a very good job in that Vienna special with Pavorotti, et al. Here's what I want to know... Is Christmas in Washington an independently produced event? Because I always remember it being on PBS.

Attachment 5715

There they all are!

smark21 Guest
    Apparently Ross opened the show with a medley of Sleigh Ride, Jingle Bells and The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, then closed with the show with the rest of the cast with Amazing Grace.

Attachment 5716

Diana & the President.

[Attachment 5717

More pictures.

Attachment 5718

More pictures.

Attachment 5720

Doing the duet.

Attachment 5721

Some of the pictures show the ankle cast.

Attachment 5722

Diana at Washington Christmas.

This woman is just simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., love her forever, love how the review below mainly focused on Diana's appearance, just glowing review of just amazing she looks, you go girl!!!!!
    Can't wait for the TV broadcast.

The show must go on! Diana Ross braves a broken ankle to sing for President Obama in TNT Christmas special

By Chris Johnson and Eleanor Gower
    PUBLISHED: 02:23, 10 December 2012 | UPDATED: 03:34, 10 December 2012

Just last week, she was pushed out of LAX in a wheelchair after breaking her ankle at a party in early November.

But ever the professional, Diana Ross was in fighting form on Sunday, as she took to the stage to sing for President Obama at the annual TNT Christmas Special in Washington DC .

Still recovering from her injury, the veteran singer dressed up in a long royal blue gown complete with oversized gold pendant and earrings for the festive show.

Cast off? Diana Ross appeared to be in some discomfort as she posed for a photograph with Vice President Joe Biden, Chris Mann and Demi Lovato at TNT Christmas in Washington 2012 at the National Building Museum

She later changed outfit to appear onstage with the President, his wife Michelle and their daughters Malia and Sasha.
    Sporting a more festive black and white gown with silver embroidery, the star performed a duet with actress and singer Megan Hilty.
    And her floor length gowns successfully hid any sign of a plaster cast on her ankle.

Glamour girl: The singer looked stunning in her glittering royal blue gown as she took the stage to perform for the President

Star of the show: The iconic singer looked dressed for the occasion in her black and white strapless dress with silver embroidery

Well hidden: Diana's floor length gown appeared to successfully hide evidence of her broken ankle

The 68-year-old proved she is as good as her word - after previously reassuring fans she would be at the celebration.
    Her spokesman told Mail Online earlier this month: 'Ms Ross accidentally slipped and broke her ankle at the end of a show in India in November.
    'She is fine and has been recovering. She will be performing next week for the President in Washington DC.'
    On Sunday, she rubbed shoulders with Korean rapper Psy who dressed for the festive occasion in a glittering red sweatshirt and trousers.

Fond embrace: The star hugged the President after her song

Costume change: Ross swapped her blue dress for a festive black , white and silver ensemble as she addressed the audience

Special occasion: Diana joined Megan Hilty for a duet whole President Obama and his two daughters Malia and Sasha also took the stage

Feeling festive: The singer looked a great deal younger than her 68 years when she appeared onstage

Singers Chris Mann and Scotty McCreary looked dapper in black suits, while Demi Lovato also sported a black dress with a dash of gold.

The group posed alongside Conan O'Brien and actress Hilty for a photograph with Vice President Joe Biden at the National Building Museum in the nation's capital.
    Ross sustained the injury after slipping at the end of the show she put on at Naomi Campbell's billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin's 50th birthday party in India in early November.

Festive performers: Diana posed for a photograph with rapper Psy, singer Chris Mann, Vice President Joe Biden, Demi Lovato, actress and singer Megan Hilty, comedian Conan O'Brien and singer Scotty McCreery

Cool yule: Korean rapper Psy looked to be getting into the spirit of the occasion with his sequinned red sweater

Santa's little helpers: U.S. President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia [[R), pose with children as they attend the Christmas in Washington concert

Campbell recently flew Ross out to India to perform her hits for Doronin's 50th birthday in Jodhpur at the 15th century Mehrangarh Fort.

Ross, who was reportedly paid £500,000 to sing at the party, treated revellers to an awe-inspiring set in the Zenana Courtyard.
    TNT's annual Christmas in Washington special airs in the U.S. on December 21.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2EdFoiYuu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by David J; 12-10-2012 at 03:43 AM.

• Write a comment...

Options

TRENDING: Did Obama go 'Gangnam?'

Posted by
    CNN Political Unit
    [[CNN) - Anyone hoping to see President Barack Obama launch into this year's dance fad will have to keep waiting.

When the commander-in-chief met Korean pop star PSY at Sunday's "Christmas in Washington" charity concert, the pair exchanged a handshake and a greeting – but not a boogie.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

PSY, who performed his hit "Gangnam Style" wearing festive red sequins, has been at the center of controversy this week after video surfaced of him spouting anti-American lyrics in 2004.

The lyrics of the song, titled "Dear America," were written by the South Korean rock band N.E.X.T., and PSY was one of three performers rapping out the lyrics on stage.

CNN was able to translate the lyrics as saying," Kill those f–ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture," and going on to say, "Kill them all slowly and painfully," as well as "daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers."

In an apology, PSY said his performance had been emotionally charged and was a response to events in the war in Iraq.

"I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said in a statement.

He said the song "was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall anti-war sentiment shared by others around the world at that time."

The girls were struck and killed by a U.S. military vehicle.

PSY continued: "While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words."

The concert Sunday also featured Motown legend Diana Ross and Broadway singer Megan Hilty. The event raised money for the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, and airs on CNN's sister station TNT Saturday, December 21 at 8 p.m. ET.

In short remarks at the end of the concert, Obama mentioned Ross, as well as the event's host Conan O'Brien, but did not refer to PSY by name. He said the concert was a "chance to get in the Christmas spirit; to spread some joy and sing along with artists who have much better voices than we do."

RossHolloway Guest
    Wow Diana Ross looks great in those photos.

Diana looks AMAZING!

That white ball gown is gorgeous.

Miss Diane Ross looks great in these photos.

Thank you for posting them.

Fondly,

Roberta

Here is the video of Diana singing, courtesy of dplain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...22d_video.html