[REMOVE ADS]

The Four Tops Second Album

I haven't played this album in so long I had forgotten how good it sounds. I absolutely LOVE this album. Writing, vocals strings - Everything. It sounded so good I had to play it twice and might give it another spin soon.
    Last edited by caliluv; 10-08-2012 at 03:02 AM.

I wish we had one those deluxe editions of this album

So do I.

While there are many tracks by various artists which epitomise 'Motown' to me, Four Tops Second Album is one of the relatively few complete albums that do it for me.

My favorite is the first. Hard to beat Baby I Need Your Loving, Ask The Lonely ,Without the One you Love and a real gem Left With A Broken Heart, plus a few more great tunes throughout.

Of coruse for sheer hits you can't beat Reach Out- at least 7 billboard charting hits .

"Reach Out" ought to be in a deluxe form. I hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    My favorite is the first. Hard to beat Baby I Need Your Loving, Ask The Lonely ,Without the One you Love and a real gem Left With A Broken Heart, plus a few more great tunes throughout.

Of coruse for sheer hits you can't beat Reach Out- at least 7 billboard charting hits .

And so should the album from which this came from.......don't you think Clay!! You might even include your demo.....

This album and "More HIts by the Supremes" have always stood out as two perfect examples of the "classic" Motown sound! Also "4 Tops on Top."

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    So do I.

While there are many tracks by various artists which epitomise 'Motown' to me, Four Tops Second Album is one of the relatively few complete albums that do it for me.
    For die hard Four Tops fans: A while back, I purchased 1 CD consisting of 2 classic albums, Four Tops and Four Tops Second Album. These are the first two albums released by the Four Tops. I do not recall where I bought it, but it might still be available if interested.

honest man Guest
    Got to mention these songs Call on me ,Something about you,Just as long as you need me, I like everything about you, s. love the whole album ,this and Stevie Wonder Down to Earth album are 2 albums i play from beginning to end,love them, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    For die hard Four Tops fans: A while back, I purchased 1 CD consisting of 2 classic albums, Four Tops and Four Tops Second Album. These are the first two albums released by the Four Tops. I do not recall where I bought it, but it might still be available if interested.
    This double LP set, released by Universal in 2001, is still available to purchase. There are currently copies on Amazon.co.uk from a number of sellers with prices ranging from £39 to £132. All are listed as new.

Personally, I prefer the Four Tops' first LP.
    Why are later Tops albums like Nature Planned It so expensive on digital disc? Hip O needs to reissue some of them.