[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am so sad to hear of Frank's passing. Frank was one of my favorite producers with Motown and his productions were top-notch. I still feel that his recording of "Do I Love You [[Indeed I Do)" is one of the top 5 Motown songs ever recorded. I understand that Frank wanted to focus on writing and producing instead of becoming a singing artist, but Motown should have released the single regardless. To me, it was the biggest mistake Motown ever did in not releasing a song.

I feel that the 70's Supremes would not have been as successful on the charts if they didn't have Frank behind them. I think that he was the group's 2nd best writer/producer [[the 1st being Holland-Dozier-Holland). His work on Still Waters Run Deep, New Ways But Loves Stays, and Nature Planned It contain some of the best work Motown ever put out.

He will sorely missed...

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Frank Wilson.

A truly talented individual, who surely must rank as one of Motown's top writers and producers.

And he wasn't too bad a singer either!

Cheers

Paul