[REMOVE ADS]

Thumbs up New Kid in Town [[as a matter of fact... in the forum)

Hi guys:

Hello everybody.

My name is Ricardo Hessel and I live in Brazil. I like disco and soul music as well.

My favorite groups are The Trammps, Ecstasy, Passion & Pain, Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes, Intruders, Spinners, Whispers, MFSB, O'Jays, Three Degrees, Gloria Gaynor, Archie Bell and many others.

I hope to participate a lot in the forum, learning from you all.

Cheers,
    Hessel

Welcome to the forum, Hessel. Good to have you with us.

I used to buy soul records [[mainly 70's & 80's stuff as the best of the 60's went years ago) from Brazil on a regular basis till about 3 years ago.
    Then your country got more affluent & your currency went up against the UK £, more locals [[such as yourself) started to collect records & so the 'bargains' dried up for us Brits.
    I love many Brazilian releases though coz the 7" vinyl releases there play at 33 rpm; so to fill the vinyl surface area up, lots of 4 track EP's were issued with the 'extra' 2 tracks being lifted from US albums .... so in Brazil loads of good tracks can only be found on local 7" releases.
    Welcome on board Ricardo ....... ask away with any questions .... we all appreciate a fan of good music & so will do our best to put you more in the picture.

Welcome aboard...music is what we do

welcome ricardo !

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

Cheers,
    Hessel

welcome to sdf!

Hi Ricardo!

Welcome and I'm sure to say that you'll find here a lot of Philly lovers like you and me. I'm also a lover of symphonic 70's soul from Philly [[Intruders, O'Jays, MFSB,...) to Chicago [[Chi-lites, Curtis, Soulful Strings,...). I knows Archie Bell & The Drells and, particularly Billy Paul were both very appreciate artists in your country [[I saw a youtube video with Ed Mota and Billy paul singing a duet!). Also, I likes a lot not only brazilian funk and soul, but many brazilian acts from Deodato and Azymuth to many artists of the samba - bossa nova field [[Astrud, Walter Wonderley, Marcos valle,...)... what a blend of joy and at the same time mellow feel got all the kinds of wonderful brazilian music!

Greetings from Spain and enjoy this phenomenal forum!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    Hi Ricardo!

Welcome and I'm sure to say that you'll find here a lot of Philly lovers like you and me. I'm also a lover of symphonic 70's soul from Philly [[Intruders, O'Jays, MFSB,...) to Chicago [[Chi-lites, Curtis, Soulful Strings,...). I knows Archie Bell & The Drells and, particularly Billy Paul were both very appreciate artists in your country [[I saw a youtube video with Ed Mota and Billy paul singing a duet!). Also, I likes a lot not only brazilian funk and soul, but many brazilian acts from Deodato and Azymuth to many artists of the samba - bossa nova field [[Astrud, Walter Wonderley, Marcos valle,...)... what a blend of joy and at the same time mellow feel got all the kinds of wonderful brazilian music!

Greetings from Spain and enjoy this phenomenal forum!
    Hi manny:

Saludos desde Brasil. Mientras que en Brasil hablamos portugués, puedo entender y hablar algo de español. ***Sorry guys, this was a greeting between people who speak Portuguese like me and manny who lives in Spain. ***

Yes, this list of Brazilian artists was excellent. You might also like "Claudio Zoli" with the song "A Noite do Prazer". The artist oficial site is http://www.claudiozoli.com

Look this song on http://www.youtube.com

Cheers,
    Hessel

Welcome to the forum rhessel and don't forget to bring the bossa nova

Hi!!!
    Welcome to SDF!!!

Hi again, Ricardo!

I apreciate a lot your warm response. Claudio Zio made remember me when I played my LP of Arthur Berocai [[on with, there's a song "O Mapa" very mellow). Also, when I was between 8 - 12 years old I liked all the spanish covers by Roberto Carlos, very famous here in Spain [["El gato sue está triste y azul"; "Yo quiero tener un millón de amigos";...). Your spanish is fine but my portuguese is very poor [[as my english!). I have been searching a song by Incognito "Marumba" a blend of jazz-funk and samba with nice lyrics in portuguese sang by awesome female vocalist that I have in the Incognito CD "100º And Rising" but is not in youtube...

Best reagrds, amigo!
    Last edited by manny; 06-14-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: ortography

Welcome to the forum, rhessel...Gotta tell you, man, your country is on my Bucket List of places to visit before I hit the
    exit door...though I'm not sure my heart could take it. Forget the Bossa Nova for me, I have plenty already, bring me
    Andressa Soares!....Seriously though, I hope you're not offended by me saying I really like Banda Black Rio's music
    of the late 70's and early 80's....