[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes At The Copa - pre-order for USA now $31.25

I'd double check other sites. My copy has been posted to me from Amazon.uk at a cost of £11.87 which converts to about $18.60. That's a big difference in price.

It's even cheaper on HMV's UK site.
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 05-27-2012 at 04:54 AM.

I got mine for approximately $16.57 with shipping from Amazon UK. Mine shipped today.

...I wonder if the powers that be at Universal are aware of these big price differences and if they will eventually end up intervening? Hope not.
    Last edited by carlo; 05-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.

I've noticed the great price discrepancy of the Hip-o Select Motown reissues in the U.S., Canada and U.K. as well. Originally I used to order from Hip-o directly before I discovered their product was available at Amazon. As well, the company only offered the most expensive shipping options which drove me away. The Canadian Amazon prices are often quite a bit more expensive than the U.S. and that is puzzling since there is the "free trade" agreement which recorded music falls under.

I've often noted that British budget soul music compilations are very expensive on the Amazon.US site compared to Amazon U.K. This may be in part to high tariffs protecting the manufacturing industry. I have ordered many compact disc collections from the U.K. and they have all arrived safely and surprisingly quickly and cheaply, I might add. Thanks for the heads up on the great deal in the U.K. for "The Supremes At The Copa."

Mark

Do you know about this....direct from Amazon.fr...

http://www.amazon.fr/Motown-Soul-Gla...8154876&sr=1-1

It's $72.03 in the US on amazon....mon Dieu!

Pic your choice in Europe, guys, way cheaper. Bundle your orders as much as possible, so you don't have to pay a lot for overseas sending.

Had a notification from Amazon.co.uk yesterday, mine has been mailed and a charge of £9.00, anyone who has ordered it with a different price, should be charged at £9.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Calv1971 View Post
    Had a notification from Amazon.co.uk yesterday, mine has been mailed and a charge of £9.00, anyone who has ordered it with a different price, should be charged at £9.00.
    Yes, got the notice as well. What a great price. I'm not sure I get their math though. The difference between 11.87 and 9.00 is more than 2.39, but the total savings still says 2.96. Well, I'm not going to worry about it anyway.

Thanks to whoever pointed us in the direction of Amazon [[UK) for the Hip-o releases!

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.
    You saved £2.96 with Amazon.co.uk's Pre-order Price Guarantee!
    The price of the item[[s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title[[s) decreased in price:
    At The Copa: Expanded Edition
    Price on order date: £11.96
    Price charged at dispatch: £11.87
    Lowest price up to and including release date: £9.00
    Amount to be refunded: £2.39
    Quantity: 1
    Total Savings: £2.96

£2.96 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Got mine today and notification of a refund down to £9.00 - Bargain!

CD WOW in the US has it listed for $21.99 with free shipping.

http://www.wowhd.us/CD/supremes-at-t...112455#bc=b71e

Is there any truth or is it known that Diana rerecorded her vocals for this lp in the studio?

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Is there any truth or is it known that Diana rerecorded her vocals for this lp in the studio?
    Yes, it's been acknowledged in this forum and elsewhere that Diane recorded her vocals for the LP in the studio. I imagine the notes in the set will give us the full story why. The set includes original the concert performance in full [[from what I recall taken from difference evenings) as well as the original LP vocals.

It is confirmed in the notes and on the Hip-O-Select site. The new package contains some of the vocals before overdubbing, and you can hear the difference. I think there were technical problems back then that made redoing them necessary. The original vocals don't sound bad, just not as polished.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    CD WOW in the US has it listed for $21.99 with free shipping.

http://www.wowhd.us/CD/supremes-at-t...112455#bc=b71e
    Thanks for the heads up!