[REMOVE ADS]

My Diana Ross & The Supremes sing Disney CD cover

I posted the front cover a few days ago but thought I would post all of it today under its own heading. Sadly I lost the original high resolution version years ago - but this scan of the cd artwork has come up pretty good. Please do message me if you would like a copy. Hopefully we won't have long to wait for the real thing!

Name:  Supremes Disney cover.jpg
Views: 3180
Size:  117.9 KBName:  Supremes Disney tray outer.jpg
Views: 4789
Size:  99.6 KBName:  Supremes Disney tray inner.jpg
Views: 5657
Size:  96.1 KB

That is very nice artwork. Perfect for children and an album of this type.

Marv

honest man Guest
    Yes great stuff,will be even better when the 2 other unissued Disney tunes are added,they are so hard to find,thanks for sharing and recieved PM, THANK YOU, cheers.

This is very cool indeed! Berry Gordy underestimated how Supremes fans hungered for any new material from them. Hopefully this project will see the light of day. Thank you for posting this!

Quite good indeed.
    However, I might suggest moving the butterfly that is clinging to Diana's butt in the 2nd photo/drawing. Yes, I realize it's there to balance the one near Cindy and meant as an honor to Mary as well as Cindy. but it just ended up in ther wrong place. You might even think it's meant to say that Diana farts butterflies!
    The write up [[fable) about Queen Diana and her 2 not so ugly sisters [[not even maids????) and King Berry might cause some problems, especially on these boards... and some objection from Diana herself. Such a public depiction of Berry wanting to keep the 2 sisters in their place [[and Diana being so easily convinced to agree with him to build a higher, unreachable ivory tower for herself) would not sit well with the general perception of the girls. It would feed the common misconception of Diana as a selfish, egotistical, conniving B....

The whole story part should be ditched completely. I for one would never buy it! LOL
    Last edited by marv2; 05-20-2012 at 01:08 AM.

uptight Guest
    Haha! It's a cute story. You can see it written tongue-in-cheek. And the butterfly is fine between Mary and Diana. Great artwork.

Isn't tongue-in-cheek a way of writing something unkind and hoping to get away with it? I remember when people used to say hurtful or rude things and then quickly add the word 'psych' as if that made it all o.k.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 PM.

The artwork is supreme. If Andy, Harry and George decide to release the album, they should use your artwok. Talent indeed! And no, I never got the impression that Diana was farting butterflies...

Very good picture. I would buy this CD if one like it came out.

The story is buyable by the public but I can see it could send a few oldtimers off the deep end.

Very cool indeed.

I certainly would buy it but only because it is 60`s Motown.

I'm not nearly as artistic as you, but I used that same pic to design a SOME THINGS YOU NEVER GET USED TO cover just for my own collection

Maybe you could give us a design for that ill-fated lp. The track listing is in Randy Taraborrelli's last book on Diana

SOME THINGS YOU NEVER GET USED TO!

Put the Andantes on one side...............and Florence, Mary and Cindy on the other.

Sure, a couple butterflies between them is fine too.

for iTunes [[AAC) -- https://mega.co.nz/#!SkVD3AiC!H04fq1...bNdadVD8_XpXUE

FLAC: http://https://mega.co.nz/#!OwkgmZYB...vC2Qi2X8vLbrlw

Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing Disney Classics

Tracklisting
    1. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    2. Whistle While You Work
    3. I’ve Got No Strings
    4. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
    5. The Land Of Make Believe
    6. Toyland
    7. The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
    8. When You Wish Upon A Star [track not included in download]
    9. Won't Be Long Before Christmas [from "The Happiest Millionaire"]
    10. Christmas Song [Bonus Christmas Track]
    11. Silent Night [Bonus Christmas Track]

The info below was on the website where I found this -

"
    Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing Disney Classics

1. Heigh-Ho
    2. A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
    3. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
    4. When You Wish Upon A Star
    5. Won't Be Long Before Christmas
    6. Toyland
    7. Chim Chim Cher-Ee
    8. Whistle While You Work
    9. The Land Of Make Believe
    10. Someday My Prince Will Come
    11. A Spoonful Of Sugar
    12. I've Got No Strings
    13. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    14. The Ballad Of Davy Crockett

Diana Ross & the Supremes Sing Disney Classics is an unreleased album recorded in 1967 for Motown by Diana Ross & the Supremes. It has been said that the idea of the album came from Diana Ross who always wanted to record an album for children. Recordings for the album began in New York City in January 1967. At the time, Michael Gentile was the album's producer. Frank Wilson would later produce several of the tracks for the album as well as Ivy Jo Hunter. The album consisted of classic Disney songs from films that stretched back to Pinocchio to the recent films of the times such as Mary Poppins and The Happiest Millionaire. Mary Wilson sings lead on "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett," featuring Florence Ballard. The album was put on hold when Florence Ballard was fired from the group in July 1967. By September, interest in the project resumed and work continued with the newest Supreme, Cindy Birdsong . The album was completed with 14 songs, although rumors have stated that the group recorded "Bibbity Bobbity Boo", no vocals exist. The album was never given a catalog number, so a release date is unknown."

Chim Chim Cher-Ee, Whistle While You Work & Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah are still 'unreleased' officially, I'm Late was never finished & there are bootleg versions of
    - Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
    - A Spoonful of Sugar

Tracks are located on these Supremes albums:

Diana Ross & The Supremes: 25th Anniversary [[1986)
    - Someday My Prince Will Come
    - Heigh-Ho
    - When You Wish Upon A Star

The Never-Before-Released Masters [[1987)
    - The Ballad of Davy Crockett
    - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
    - Whistle While You Work
    - The Land of Make Believe
    - It Won't Be Long Till Christmas
    - I've Got No Strings
    - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    - Toyland

The Supremes - Box Set [[2000)
    - When You Wish Upon A Star [[alternate mix)

Diana Ross & The Supremes: Anthology [[2004)
    - Whistle While You Work [[extended mix)

Bootleg copies floating around of:
    - Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
    - A Spoonful of Sugar

Beautiful work LD1. Liked what you did to Cindy's hair, too.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Yes great stuff,will be even better when the 2 other unissued Disney tunes are added,they are so hard to find,thanks for sharing and recieved PM, THANK YOU, cheers.
    If you would check Mary Wilson's MY SUPREMES 50th Anniversary Celebration book, page 65 there is a picture of the actual proposed artwork for the album as well as the 12 tentative track listings that were to be included in the album. This was proposed to be released in 1967 - 47 years ago.

i believe that the artwork in Mary's 50th Anniv book is just a fan creation. after this magazine came out, i was chatting with Andy and he confirmed. not sure if there were any mockups done back in 67 of artwork or not.

You did an excellent job with this cover!

Thanks George.

I still have the original design files here at work on my Mac. So whenever the Disney collection is ready for release....!! [[Though I guess I'll need to delete the story)