[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Why did you stop listening to radio in 1966, and stop buying records in 1971? Just curious.
    if i can recall correctly he posted that that music was going in a direction that he did'nt like, if i can recall correctly.
    Last edited by candykamaine; 05-11-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: to get rid of the "excuse" line that make people think that I had a attitude.

Prefer everything after and including I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE , [[except the grating duets) , peaking with GOT TO GIVE IT UP
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 05-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candykamaine View Post
    if i can recall correctly he posted that that music was going in a direction that he did'nt like, if i can recall correctly.
    See, I don't understand that logic because music he likes was made after that time too. Maybe he didn't like everything, but some of what he likes was there.

Quote Originally Posted by candykamaine View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  21.1 KB
    Your recollection is quite correct. I stopped listening to the radio because I had to suffer through listening to a lot of songs I didn't like, to finally hear one I liked. The kind of music I liked was based much on melody. When Funk came in, most of the songs had qualities I didn't like. Furthermore, I didn't like the sound of moog synthesizers and the new instrumentation.

I liked a lot of Motown's product from 1967-71, and I still liked most of the Jazz instrumentals , and a fair amount of Chicago Soul and some Philly-International product, but little else that was played much. I heard them at the record stores, and still bought a lot of records from 1967-1969. I bought a few in 1970-71, but only a handful in 1972[[mostly Spinners on Atlantic and Drifters on Bell, plus a couple other "old-sounding songs"), and only one in 1974 [["I'm Doin' Fine Now") and one in 1976 [["Right Back Where We Started From").