[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday to Jimmy Ruffin May 7

Happy Birthday to the esteemed Jimmy Ruffin, who turns 73 years old today. Wish we would hear more about this great artist, but he rarely gets in the news any more.

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

According to Wikipedia, Jimmy is living in Britain. He is writing and recording new songs for an album he intends to release on his 74th Birthday [[2013). Hope we get to hear this next year.

coincidentally i had his anthology from 2003 playing in my car today - the sleeve notes mentioned jimmy was living in the ukanyone know where ? anyway all the best Jimmy !

As of this writing, Jimmy Ruffin is living in Las Vegas

I have checked with several key Motown experts who live in the Las Vegas city limits and they have no knowledge of Jimmy living in the USA. He had indicated several years ago his intent to relocate here, but nobody has seen nor heard anything to confirm that he is living here.

Jimmy appeared on Jools Holland's show on BBCTV last year or the year before singing Brokenhearted live. He looked OK but, you know, he has no profile at all in the UK, never appears on TV, never gets in the papers, doesn't appear live. So, no idea where he lives in the UK [[if he is still here)

Happy Birthday Mr. Ruffin! When I Hear WBOTBH, I always think about my former neighbor, Cliff who was in 'Nam in 67. He sent me some money to send he and the boys some records as they were sick of hearing that Hillbilly music. WBOTBH was the #1 song at the time and I must say I became a hit with the fellas getting swamped with mail and this one guy sent me an oil painting of myself from one of those 4 for a quarter pictures that still hangs on my living room wall. [[I'm on my way to youtube now.)