[REMOVE ADS]

Cindy interiview being suicidal and hitting bottom

Beautiful testimony and beautiful voice. Now she should have lead some songs.

Thank you. Very lovely. Wonderful testimony.

I hope to read more about Cindy's life when [[if?) her book is published.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Thank you Jesus for finding Cindy Birdsong at her lowest point and bringing her to your flock.

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

May God continue to bless Cindy Birdsong.

Roberta

Luke, thank you for sharing this powerful video. I was just going to post I hope our Roberta sees this and lo and belold she just posted on this thread.

Cindy has always been a class act. She has been through much and yet continues to stand.

Penny
    AVON Rep.

The ramifications of being in show business. Thank God she had a happy ending as she could have ended up like
    the one she replaced.

Youre welcome Penny and Carlo. I hope she is currently doing well.

Few fans know how tough Cindy had after leaving the Supremes. She worked in a medical lab for a bit [[do you know what the means) and even as a sitter to an elderly lady. She went by Cindy Hewlett. Motown 25 got her enough renewed interest for one ill-fated record deal

She worked briefly at Motown in an administrative capacity and from what I heard she was disrespected by Suzanne DePasse. You know, the woman that Cindy introduced to Berry Gordy as her friend way back in '67 in NYC.............

Well, on the other hand, there's absolutely nothing wrong with working in a medical lab. What that means is she needed
    a job to earn a living. There's also nothing wrong with caring for the elderly. It's quite honorable! I would think
    she could have gotten gigs as Cindy Birdsong, formerly of the Supremes on the oldies circuit. Maybe she didn't
    want to.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Well, on the other hand, there's absolutely nothing wrong with working in a medical lab. What that means is she needed
    a job to earn a living. There's also nothing wrong with caring for the elderly. It's quite honorable! I would think
    she could have gotten gigs as Cindy Birdsong, formerly of the Supremes on the oldies circuit. Maybe she didn't
    want to.
    All true! She also should have never signed away her royalties in favor of a lump sum payment.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    want to.
    All honest work is respectable and for all we know, maybe Miss Birdsong didn't want a life in show business. That world isn't for everyone.

In terms of spirituality, Cindy Birdsong is the richest former Supreme.

From the good book of James:

"My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him."

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

In terms of spirituality, Cindy Birdsong is the richest former Supreme.

Roberta
    You don't know that. You do not know that at all!

Here's a pleasant interview Cindy did in 1987:

Thx Marv but wouldnt play.

Nice segment, even if it's PTL. I remember seeing it a good many years ago and it demonstrates that Cindy certainly had the pipes. It's a shame she wasn't allowed to show that off during her years with DRATS and the '70s Supremes. In a sense, she suffered a fate quite similar to Florence's: fired from the group, penniless, rearing a young child as a single parent, suffering acute depression. It's fortunate she was able to rise above the adversity. She almost certainly knew that if she didn't, she would have ended up as Flo did, and was able to find an anchor in her faith. Had she not, it would have cast the group in an even dimmer light at a time when history was not treating them very well to begin with. We're all glad she made it through.

Randy, although Brenda Payton of Brenda & the Tabulations didn't reach the fame of the Supremes when things dried up for them, she had to take a job at a hospital before she died. I saw her on the subway once in her scrubs. Off topic: Randy any updates on Dee Dee's brother, Roy?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thx Marv but wouldnt play.
    Luke, I don't why. Maybe you'll go to the site, Dailymotion to see it.

Why is having to work in the medical field so degrading or beneath performers? The benefits and pay for a lot of those positions can be rather good. It's not like working in a sweatshop in a third world country for pennies an hour. I know it's a comedown from the days of being able to buy gobs of clothes off the rack without looking at the pricetag but it is a harsh reality a lot of performers run into at some point, particularly those who had a bad deal or get no royalties from publishing.

One commenter under one of Cindy's '80's video writes [[three months ago): "... she has stopped updating her MySpace...".
    He hopes all is well with her.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    One commenter under one of Cindy's '80's video writes [[three months ago): "... she has stopped updating her MySpace...".
    He hopes all is well with her.
    Everyone has stopped updating their MySpace, that site is dead. Very glad that Cindy got her life on track and didn’t end up like Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Everyone has stopped updating their MySpace, that site is dead. Very glad that Cindy got her life on track and didn’t end up like Flo.
    The Lord stepped in and saved Cindy Birdsong. Cindy is now a preacher in Los Angeles, spreading the word of God.

As it is written in the good book of Mark:

" And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

God bless Cindy Birdsong.

Roberta