[REMOVE ADS]

Flo's lat appearance as a solo artist.

Florence Ballard performed in June of 1975 for the Defense of Women's League for Joanne Little a women inmate with co artists Lily Tomlin, and Anglea Davis,
    reports have reviewed her performance as good, she sang "I am Woman" and later
    "Come See About Me" she was backed by the Deadly Nighshades band.

Does anyone know if that performance is on tape or if it can be obtained for a fee????

Unfortunately, no recording exists...unless there was a fan who was there and maybe recorded it. However, as far as I know, no recording has surfaced to date.

I read she was teriffic, after some initial shakiness. There is an interview with a member of a group there__ Nightengale in which she raves about Flo's performance.

I've not even seen a still picture... you'd think there would have at least been one of those!

thank you fran for mentioning Florence Blondie ballard in this forem. it pisses me off that that bug eyed diana and mary wilson get all the attenshun arund here there wuldnt be no supremes witout florence blondie Ballard dont forgit it.

Miss Ross is NOT bug eyed, thank you very much!!!...lol

Florence blonde Ballard had the best singin voice i for one will nevar forgit her

I'm watching this...............

smark21 Guest
    This song makes me think of Flo. RIP Flo Ballard.

I'm watching this...............
    First you extend a welcome then you get exaggerated expressions of ..........what ?

Shaquetta, you have a lot of company in the way you feel about Florence Ballard
    hopefully Jennifer Hudson did her part in bringing what Flo should have achieved
    in Dreamgirls and dedicated her globe award to Florence Ballard, and we have
    lots of memories of Flo in song to remember her by, I was just hoping somewhere there was a tape of that show at the Ford Auditorium from June 25, 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    hopefully Jennifer Hudson did her part in bringing what Flo should have achieved
    lots of memories of Flo in song to remember her by, I was just hoping somewhere there was a tape of that show at the Ford Auditorium from June 25, 1975.
    Hopefully a tape will show up one day soon Frances.

Roberta

fran i was hopeing that movie on Florence Blonde Ballard wood git made but i ain't herd nuthin for munts now florence Blonde Ballard desurvs to be rememberd barry gordy and diana did her wrong have you herd ain't that good news and forever faithful Florence Blondie Ballard shuda been a superstar like jennifer hudsin are there other florence Blonde ballard fans on this messige board i just love her on youtube wish there was more

Fran, the only possible hope of finding anything would be with WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit. They covered everything including this story I am sure. I don't know what they still have, but it is the only place I know that could possibly have anything.

Thanks Marv on my next trip to Detroit I will check out that station. Shauqutta are you a new Flo Ballard fan or have been one for years, have you heard the Supremes Where Did Our Love Go album particularly "Long Gone Lover" & " A Breath Taking Guy" A Bit of Liverpool Album's "Do You Love Me" & " A House of The Rising Sun" Flo's Solo cd The Supreme and the christmas track "O Holy Night". There is so much on Flo to hear, if you need some of these songs let me know.

On the Flo movie I heard that Faith Evans withdrew from the movie for reasons that are not clear, but the project has been running into production issues which have yet to be determined.

Is this a joke?

I'd say the film is probably on the scrap heap and there it will probably stay. All the major cast members and the original director pulled out and no news has been forthcoming regarding production. Peter Benjaminson, author of The Lost Supreme, on which the film ostensibly is based, has posted a "new" cast list on his website [[http://thelostsupreme.com/NewMovieCast.aspx), but no other information has been disseminated that I can find. The new cast supposedly includes:

Florence Ballard - Terry Dexter
    Diana Ross - Teyana Taylor
    Tommy Chapman -Lahman Rucker
    Maxine Ballard - Kandi Burress
    Rev. C.L. Franklin - Billy Dee Williams
    Peter Benjaminson - Jon Heder
    John Oppedahl - Tobin Bell

I wouldn't place much credence in this information, however. Such a film could hardly be made without the music, and the rights to use that will almost certainly never be granted. The revolving-door cast and director are bad signs as well. The whole project was probably ill-conceived and if it gets off the ground, I, for one, will be most surprised.

could it be possible to make the film without the supremes music, afterall Flo didn't sing lead on the big hit records. it would be great to hear the singles she made sung by someone else.
    also it is possible to make this movie without the 60's hits. it could be based on Flo's life period.
    i am staying positive.

could it be possible to make the film without the supremes music, afterall Flo didn't sing lead on the big hit records. it would be great to hear the singles she made sung by someone else.
    also it is possible to make this movie without the 60's hits. it could be based on Flo's life period.
    i am staying positive.
    Frances, that is a fantastic idea. maybe they could use some of Flo's ABC recordings and I am Woman.

Might I suggest that you contact Peter Benjaminson, author of "The Lost Supreme" and share your suggestion with him. Who knows, it may be the very thing to get this Blondie movie made.

My personal best to you,

Roberta

i am staying positive.
    Yeah it could be possible since flo rarely sung lead. but it's just not the same without the songs to me...

And flo's or her estate prob don't own the rights to the solo songs she recorded, if I can recall correct. I'm not really good at legal stuff. So her solo songs can't be used in the movie either.

If they can get around the rights of the music, and many other things [[since some of the folks involved in motown doing that time period are still alive), the movie could be made, and also have a cast that is confirmed it can happen. but I agree with BigAl, it's in the scrap heap until otherwise and the fact that the IMDB entry has been deleated should be another clue about the status of the movie.

Fran, the only possible hope of finding anything would be with WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit. They covered everything including this story I am sure. I don't know what they still have, but it is the only place I know that could possibly have anything.

Folks can try to find it although even if it existed, it probably no longer does due to the fact that local news channels hardly save stuff like this sadly.

When discussing Flo's solo career, one must also keep in mind that promotion is everything when it comes to hit records. Flo was at ABC records, and the very same year that Flo's singles came out, another single came out on ABC records that only went to number 116, because the president of ABC didn't like it, and didn't promote it. However, the VERY SAME SONG was promoted by distributor EMI in the UK and went to number one, being the biggest selling hit of 1968 in the UK. All the difference was in the promotion, or lack of it, by ABC records. And this is that song... one that today has become a standard:

Does anyone know much about Flo's appearance at Nixon's inauguration ball? or whatever it was? It's always mentioned but never any details.

smark21 Guest
    Here’s a thread from last year about the 1975 gig at Ford Auditorium: http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...-Joanne-Little

And here’s an article from the Ann Arbor Sun: http://freeingjohnsinclair.aadl.org/node/199720

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here’s a thread from last year about the 1975 gig at Ford Auditorium: http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...-Joanne-Little

And here’s an article from the Ann Arbor Sun: http://freeingjohnsinclair.aadl.org/node/199720
    The Ann Arbor Sun should have shown a photo of Florence. Well it was nice to read that Florence got a standing ovation and the longest applause of the evening.

Florence is now singing a joyful tune in the presence of her Lord and Savior. We know that there's a God above and Flo is there receiving his love.

God Bless Florence Ballard.

Roberta

Is this where she wore the gold/yellow gown ??