[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson cheers on Gladys Knight DWTS

I missed Monday nights "live" broadcast of "DWTS" but did catch last nights elimination episode and after hearing Lyn[[the annoying English guy in the middle) critique Gladys, they panned to her family/friends as they always do and behind who I believe was her daughter Kenya sat the lovely Mary Wilson! Though it was a very fast glance,[[I backed up tv) and know for sure it was Mary!! Cheers..Glad to see her there to cheer Gladys on..I am surprised no one else noticed seeing as how many wanted Mary on DWTS.

She is trying to get on this show.

Yes, you're right cbsong. She was there in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    She is trying to get on this show.
    Sadly, Mary Wilson may not be eligible given her heart scare a few years ago. Medical records are scrutinized by ABC's legal team. It's not right, but Mary may be considered a risk. It's like me going for individual health coverage. I'd be denied as I am a middle aged woman with hereditary high cholesterol which is controlled by medication. Thank goodness the President signed into law that starting in 2014 we cannot be denied due to any pre-existing condition.

Roberta

I missed it though I saw a shot of Gladys' group. Is show filmed in California?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I missed it though I saw a shot of Gladys' group. Is show filmed in California?
    Yes the show is filmed in Los Angeles. I see the fans outside when I ride the bus down Fairfax Avenue.

Roberta

Competing on DWTS is a big gamble, even if one is in perfect health and looks fabulous. If it goes badly it can do the performer a real disservice. I've never agreed that "any press is good press." There are other, safer, ways besides DWTS to get publicity. In addition to possibly being embarrassed when eliminated, many of the contestants, sadly, are viewed as over-the-hill has-beens trying desperately to revive public interest in themselves, and I would dissuade anyone from competing.

Was Gladys known for her dancing with the Pips or did she just "drop back" on occasion to join them?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    .... many of the contestants, sadly, are viewed as over-the-hill has-beens trying desperately to revive public interest in themselves, and I would dissuade anyone from competing.
    It is for that reason that I was disappointed to see Gladys' name announced for this show. She has never been a "B" list singer, and she is not a has been. I still enjoy listening to her music and going to her concerts , which are usually sold out and sell for a pretty penny. Stars like Streisand, Cher, Diana, Bette would never appear on that show
    Last edited by milven; 03-29-2012 at 12:38 PM.

I think it's fun and raises profiles. They pick some unique choices like Urkel that are fun to see after all this time but they also pick some real talents like Gladys.

I don't really watch these shows but...........I can see they do attract generally B list and lower celebrities who's day is long done.

That Trump show appearance by Dionne Warwick sure was a disaster for her.

I take it Gladys has not yet been eliminated and continues to do well???

I don't knock reality shows or think of DWTS as a show for has beens or D-listers. The show has high ratings each week and can revitalize a lagging career. Gladys Knight has gotten more publicity the last two weeks than she has in a long time. Good for her! Gladys did well on the first show because she had several weeks of rehearsal time. This week, she only had a few days to learn her choreography, which is especially hard if one is still touring as Gladys reportedly is doing. If Mary Wilson is a health risk, which I don't believe she is, maybe she can get on another show like Celebrity Apprentice.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don't really watch these shows but...........I can see they do attract generally B list and lower celebrities who's day is long done.

That Trump show appearance by Dionne Warwick sure was a disaster for her.

I take it Gladys has not yet been eliminated and continues to do well???
    This season has only had three episodes so far. But yes, Gladys is still there. She did really well last week. But I thought she lost some of her spark this week.

I'd love to see Mary Wilson on DWTS!

DWTS is not for has beens..... Jack Wagner is currently starring on the Bold and The Beautiful on CBS. so he's a working actor on contract.

Gladys is not a has been and I think she is doing a great job on that show. She is no spring chicken and she is showing that older women can compete, look good and hold their own. I applaud her and I hope Mary Wilson get on too. Mary is not a has been either but a pioneer who continues to entertain around the world. Cher was on the show, eagerly, to support Chaz. I found it very touching. Barbra wouldn't have the self confidence to compete in such a way. Diana wouldn't find it an interesting project and fuck Bette.

Penny

I agree Penny. LOL Bette. Actually I can see her doing something like that and shed say same to people who would say dont do it!! Katie Couric in the audience.

LUV Bette Midler...........she RULES Las Vegas[[and anywhere else she chooses to go..)

My main purpose for this post was [[and I should have stated it) the apparent friendship between Mary Wilson and Gladys Knight. Though I only saw one photo of them together ever a few years ago, I also know that Mary substituted for Gladys on that talent show American Juniors [[or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by cbsong View Post
    My main purpose for this post was [[and I should have stated it) the apparent friendship between Mary Wilson and Gladys Knight. Though I only saw one photo of them together ever a few years ago, I also know that Mary substituted for Gladys on that talent show American Juniors [[or something like that).
    Mary Wilson and Gladys Knight have been friends for nearly 50 years! They also both live in Vegas and visit one another.

Gladys Knight is a legend and deserves all good things happening to her. I hear she has a new sitcom in the works as well!

gladys knight and mary wilson

could you tell me what season and episode this was please? I would love to try and find it to watch as I live in UK. Not often on here so could you email me the details please to neil_dud@hotmail.com with subject gladys knight.

thanks Neil

Quote Originally Posted by cbsong View Post
    I missed Monday nights "live" broadcast of "DWTS" but did catch last nights elimination episode and after hearing Lyn[[the annoying English guy in the middle) critique Gladys, they panned to her family/friends as they always do and behind who I believe was her daughter Kenya sat the lovely Mary Wilson! Though it was a very fast glance,[[I backed up tv) and know for sure it was Mary!! Cheers..Glad to see her there to cheer Gladys on..I am surprised no one else noticed seeing as how many wanted Mary on DWTS.

supremester Guest
    Ha! It would be good for Mary, but she's not as big of a name as Gladys and might not make the cut. Her health shouldn't be a problem as she does her shows. I'm sure she has someone working on getting her on TV anywhere, so it'll happen if she's wanted. Dionne was the trainwreck I knew she'd be on CA, I don't think it would be a good gig for Mary. DWTS is a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Gladys is not a has been and I think she is doing a great job on that show. She is no spring chicken and she is showing that older women can compete, look good and hold their own. I applaud her and I hope Mary Wilson get on too. Mary is not a has been either but a pioneer who continues to entertain around the world. Cher was on the show, eagerly, to support Chaz. I found it very touching. Barbra wouldn't have the self confidence to compete in such a way. Diana wouldn't find it an interesting project and fuck Bette.

Penny

I would like to see Mary Wilson on any show,GO GLADY KNIGHT.
    Please stay positive

Redhot, you are always so positive, I adore you! How ever do you keep yourself in such a positive place?

If Gladys can do it so can our Mary Wilson.

Positively yours in AVON-
    Penny