[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    "Florida justice". That is an oxymoron if ever there was one. I predict he will walk, and not because he should.
    I'm making an early prediction that he will be convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm making an early prediction that he will be convicted.
    And I'm praying that you're right.

I have a feeling the trial is going to wind up as character assassination when the defense takes over. The judge already had to deny the defense's attempt to bring up Martin's Facebook page with pictures of him allegedly thugging out. Almost like Zimmerman had the kid vetted the moment he saw him, so he was justified to call him suspicious.

There is no question that Trayvon was killed by Zimmerman. Was it murder or self defense? This is the 3rd day of testimony. All evidence hasn't been submitted. How can anyone be sure of what really happened at this point? Just playing devils advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    There is no question that Trayvon was killed by Zimmerman. Was it murder or self defense? This is the 3rd day of testimony. All evidence hasn't been submitted. How can anyone be sure of what really happened at this point? Just playing devils advocate here.
    The point is Zimmerman was specificelly told by the 911 people not to follow Trayvon Martin but he continued to follow this young man and ended up shooting the 17 year old kid so imo it was murder. The other thing I find real disturbing is the other 46 calls Zimmerman make to 911.

Roberta

....it was the non emergency number. Have you been watching the trial?
    Last edited by skooldem1; 06-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.

....it was the non emergency number. Have you been watching the trial?
    But he called the 911 non emergancy number almost 50 times. Its like he was looking for trouble or acting like a policeman. If he wanted to be a cop he should have joined the force and yes im watching the highlights of the trial on Anderson coopers show. A person like Zimmerman shouldnt be walking around with a gun imo and that Florida self defense law is dangerous imo.

Roberta

You should watch the trial or record it and not depend on "highlights".

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Zimmerman killed a 17 year old kid for no reason other than hate. He robbed a teenagar of his life he stole his future and caused heartache for the Martin family. It shouldnt go well for the defense because hes guilty and should spend all of the rest of his days in jail. May God forgive George Zimmerman for what he did.

Roberta
    Roberta,

How can you so blatantly say that he definitely killed him "for no reason other than hate?" How can you disregard the possibility that Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, smashing his head against the ground trying to kill him and he shot in self-defense? Were you there and witnessed the entire situation? I'm not saying I believe Trayvon was beating up Zimmerman but how can you be 100% sure that it isn't possible? You should watch the film "12 Angry Men" to give you a better perspective.

The things that bother me most about this case are that if Zimmerman were black this entire thing wouldn't have made anything but local news and no one would know about it, and the media and a ton of people calling Zimmerman "white."

The media and many people ignore black on black violence and make cases like this such a huge deal, blinded by the race of the suspect and victim. You don't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson talking about how terrible the black on black crime is and trying to stop that, but they come out protesting this case, trying to make sure Zimmerman is arrested before they even know any of the facts. Does no one else here see how wrong this is in this society?

As for Zimmerman being called "white," how is that any different than Obama being called "white?" Zimmerman is mixed white/hispanic yet people still call him "white." Obama is mixed white/black yet people call him "black." Please...

This whole thing is just very tragic for all parties involved. Let the courts decide on Zimmerman's fate and have faith that they will get it right. Don't just assume that Zimmerman is guilty without knowing all the facts. IF Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, smashing his head against the ground like Zimmerman claims, then according to Florida State Law [[whether right or wrong, that is a completely different issue), Zimmerman should be free. If that is not the case, he should be in jail. Let the courts determine what happened.

No need to play devil's advocate here.

I may be wrong, but Florida has rules of discovery, much like California, in that they can't pull any surprise evidence.

The point is Zimmerman was specificelly told by the 911 people not to follow Trayvon Martin but he continued to follow this young man and ended up shooting the 17 year old kid so imo it was murder. The other thing I find real disturbing is the other 46 calls Zimmerman make to 911.

Roberta
    I believe Zimmerman's claim of self defense will be shot dead by the prosecution. They have already shown evidence contrary to what Zimmerman claimed about how Martin was positioned on the ground before the cop turned him over.

Thomas,

As the recording showed, Zimmerman muttered that "these assholes always get away" then ignored the operator's instructions to remain in his vehicle, got out, and pursued Martin.

Now, my opinion is that if there was a tussle, Martin was defending himself from Zimmerman. But, ultimately, Zimmerman had the gun.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Roberta,

How can you so blatantly say that he definitely killed him "for no reason other than hate?" How can you disregard the possibility that Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, smashing his head against the ground trying to kill him and he shot in self-defense? Were you there and witnessed the entire situation? I'm not saying I believe Trayvon was beating up Zimmerman but how can you be 100% sure that it isn't possible? You should watch the film "12 Angry Men" to give you a better perspective.

The things that bother me most about this case are that if Zimmerman were black this entire thing wouldn't have made anything but local news and no one would know about it, and the media and a ton of people calling Zimmerman "white."

The media and many people ignore black on black violence and make cases like this such a huge deal, blinded by the race of the suspect and victim. You don't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson talking about how terrible the black on black crime is and trying to stop that, but they come out protesting this case, trying to make sure Zimmerman is arrested before they even know any of the facts. Does no one else here see how wrong this is in this society?

As for Zimmerman being called "white," how is that any different than Obama being called "white?" Zimmerman is mixed white/hispanic yet people still call him "white." Obama is mixed white/black yet people call him "black." Please...

This whole thing is just very tragic for all parties involved. Let the courts decide on Zimmerman's fate and have faith that they will get it right. Don't just assume that Zimmerman is guilty without knowing all the facts. IF Trayvon was beating Zimmerman up, smashing his head against the ground like Zimmerman claims, then according to Florida State Law [[whether right or wrong, that is a completely different issue), Zimmerman should be free. If that is not the case, he should be in jail. Let the courts determine what happened.
    Zimmerman was told by the 911 operator NOT to follow Trayvon Martin but he ignored they direction and followed him anyway. That along with his 50 other calls to the non emergency 911 shows me that he thought of himself as a law enforcement person which he was not. Zimmerman fired the trigger that took a 17 year old kids life. If Zimmerman had listened to the 911 person and stayed away till the cops come Trayvon would still be alive.

I never mentioned Zimmermans color or race Thomas96.

Respectfully.

Roberta

For the record: Zimmerman is mixed: white jewish, and Cuban.

Roberta,

Thomas, had Zimmerman been black, he would be arrested that same night, booked and arraigned [[sp?). Zimmerman was free to go home WITH the weapon he used to kill Trayon Martin. That is a very key point that folks leave out when they discuss the huge amount of media coverage and protest this case received early on. This fact is what I believe overwhelmingly turned this tragic situation into a racial issue for some.

For the record: Zimmerman is mixed: white jewish, and Cuban.
    For the record, you're wrong. Zimmerman is mixed of Peruvian and German decent.

Zimmerman is a German name and it is not specific to Jewish religion.

Although, none of this should matter, should it?

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fresh View Post
    I have read very different. This was mentioned when his father stepped into the picture.

I know this.

It has not been established if the motive was racism, But I suspect that it is a component.

My heart goes out to Trayvon's parents who for the last 2 days were visibly disturbed and disappointed that their "star witness" was such an irreverent, nonsensical, buffoon who's bad attitude, admitted lying and dismantling of the English language left many confused. Let's just hope that the jury can focus on one of her two accounts of her conversation with Trayvon and leave out the rest of her mindless banter.

“Don't you watch the First 48?”

Ugggggghhhh

If getting a conviction of Zimmerman wasn't hard enough....and then there were the racist terms which today she stated that she didn't think they were offensive. Just sad.

He is mixed with lies, racism and bullshit.

My heart goes out to Trayvon's parents who for the last 2 days were visibly disturbed and disappointed that their "star witness" was such an irreverent, nonsensical, buffoon who's bad attitude, admitted lying and dismantling of the English language left many confused. Let's just hope that the jury can focus on one of her two accounts of her conversation with Trayvon and leave out the rest of her mindless banter.

“Don't you watch the First 48?”

Ugggggghhhh

If getting a conviction of Zimmerman wasn't hard enough....and then there were the racist terms which today she stated that she didn't think they were offensive. Just sad.
    That 19 year old girl was no buffoon. English is not her first language by the way. Spanish is.....

I believe she told the truth. She frustrated the Defense in their attempts to try to trip her up on many events that occurred where she was involved.

She did established that Zimmerman was following Martin and instigated the fight. That was enough for me.

Oh it's going to matter unfortunately once he is rotting in jail.......

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That 19 year old girl was no buffoon. English is not her first language by the way. Spanish is.....

I believe she told the truth. She frustrated the Defense in their attempts to try to trip her up on many events that occurred where she was involved.

She did established that Zimmerman was following Martin and instigated the fight. That was enough for me.
    I was being kind in the use of buffoon. She really deserved a stronger word. She couldn't even read the letter she lied about writing. And no, her first language is not Spanish. Her parents are Haitian and they speak French Creole. Contrary to what the buffoon says, Creole is NOT Spanish.

I was being kind in the use of buffoon. She really deserved a stronger word. She couldn't even read the letter she lied about writing. And no, her first language is not Spanish. Her parents are Haitian and they speak French Creole. Contrary to what the buffoon says, Creole is NOT Spanish.
    No, according to reports her first language is Spanish. I know she has Haitian heritage. She didn't lie about the letter. She dictacted to a friend who wrote the words down [[in cursive).

No, according to reports her first language is Spanish. I know she has Haitian heritage. She didn't lie about the letter. She dictacted to a friend who wrote the words down [[in cursive).
    Those reports are wrong. How could her first language be Spanish when she was born in the US of Haitian parents?

Regardless, my point was that she did little to help the prosecution. If anything, her bad attitude showed little care for such an important event like the trial of her "best friends" murderer. Let's just hope that she doesn't get recalled.

I'm on the fence with this as I'm watching the trial as it unfolds daily. Too many conflicting versions of what happened. If I were a juror and had to render a verdict today, it would be not guilty as I would not be convinced beyond a REASONABLE doubt. [[Ducking for cover...)

I was appalled by her cross examination. It went way beyond hostile witness.

About Rachel Jeantel: here's something I did not know about. Did you?
    http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/28/rac...lly/?hpt=hp_t2

I was appalled by her cross examination. It went way beyond hostile witness.
    What made me real upset was they acted like Rachel jentel was the one on trial. smh at the defenses treatment of this young lady smh.

Roberta

About Rachel Jeantel: here's something I did not know about. Did you?
    http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/28/rac...lly/?hpt=hp_t2
    Sorry John McWhorter, all the PhDs in the world you have got flushed down the toilet with your assesment of "her English is perfect". Thanks for the belly laugh.

And Soulster, do you really in your heart of hearts find it just to make excuse after excuse for such an ignorant individual? Bottom line, she hurt the prosecutions case with her bad attitude and over the top revelry for all things dumb.

Those reports are wrong. How could her first language be Spanish when she was born in the US of Haitian parents?

Regardless, my point was that she did little to help the prosecution. If anything, her bad attitude showed little care for such an important event like the trial of her "best friends" murderer. Let's just hope that she doesn't get recalled.
    I watched the examination. her first language is Hatian, and second language is Spanish.

She cannot read or write cursive, and her understanding and speaking of of English is perfect.

So, if she is so ignorant, you may be worse because she can speak three languages and you probably only speak one.

One more thing: Zimmerman identifies as a Latino, which he partly is.

I watched the examination. her first language is Hatian, and second language is Spanish.
    Haitian isn't a language

her understanding and speaking of of English is perfect.
    If thats truly your assement, then there is really no reason to further the discussion. And if that is how you talk at home with your kids, well...I hope they know that a wake isn't referred to as a "wakening".

So, if she is so ignorant, you may be worse because she can speak three languages and you probably only speak one.
    One thing you are great at is assumptions and jumping to conclusions without knowing anything. I speak English, Lakota and Arabic quite well.

One more thing: Zimmerman identifies as a Latino, which he partly is.
    And your point is...?

After this last post of yours, I'm begining to think Jenteal may make more sense.

Haitian isn't a language
    I'm just going by what was in the testimony. You did watch it, didn't you?

If thats truly your assement, then there is really no reason to further the discussion. And if that is how you talk at home with your kids, well...I hope they know that a wake isn't referred to as a "wakening".
    I know better.

One thing you are great at is assumptions and jumping to conclusions without knowing anything. I speak English, Lakota and Arabic quite well.
    Look up the word "probably". Notice that I did not make an absolute statement because I know as much about you as you do me.

And your point is...?
    I was going by what had been reported in the news last year, where it was mentioned that he was part Cuban, part Jewish. You just decided to call me out. You stated that the last name Zimmerman did not imply he was Jewish. I never made that connection. You assumed I did. For the record, his surname is both a Jewish and German surname. My pain point is that he is not white. He does not identify as white. So, in this light, there can still be racist undertones. There certainly are in this trial.

After this last post of yours, I'm begining to think Jenteal may make more sense.
    You and I have consistently butted heads on this forum, and you strike me as an angry young man who lashes out at everyone and everything. And, you tend to be insulting to those with whom you have disagreements with. So, from now on, I will go back to ignoring your Diana Ross-loving ass. And, use a spell-checker when you post. It makes you look more ignorant than Jeantel.

Haitian isn't a language

And your point is...?

Jentel wasnt on trial funky. Jenytel didnt fire a gun and kill a 17 year old boy. Zimmerman was told in real clear terms by th 911 people to stop following Trayvon but he ignored they advice and ended up killing a young man.

Roberta

Roberta, the point is that if they can make her look confused and stupid, then the jury can discredit everything that she said or attested to, whether it is true or not. By attacking her, they might infer that she's not bright enough to tell an accurate version of what happened that night. Of course, the issue is that Zimmerman started the confrontation and used lethal force when it turned against him, but as you can see by media reporting this week, that got lost in the sensationalism of a confuse young woman being blasted by the defense attorney.

By the way, anybody hear about the defense attorney's daughters posting celebratory photos stating that today "we beat stupid" in court? Classy.

Jentel wasnt on trial funky. Jenytel didnt fire a gun and kill a 17 year old boy. Zimmerman was told in real clear terms by th 911 people to stop following Trayvon but he ignored they advice and ended up killing a young man.

Roberta
    And, that's what this is about.

I hope the jurors notice that Zimmerman has been caught lying at several points. He's a liar who can't be trusted.

I think they are paying close attention. It was reported that one juror wanted the taped videos of his words for closer scrutiny at deliberation time.

He [[Zimmerman) killed that kid in cold blood...........

He [[Zimmerman) killed that kid in cold blood...........
    Yeah he did! That's what the prosecution is trying to prove to the jury.

Did you see the testimony of Zimmerman's uncle on the stand today? He heard the TV, wasn't even aware of what was on, said he heard the recording, and "felt" it was Zimmerman's voice "in his heart". I can't believe this is what the defense has! Ha!

Yeah he did! That's what the prosecution is trying to prove to the jury.

Did you see the testimony of Zimmerman's uncle on the stand today? He heard the TV, wasn't even aware of what was on, said he heard the recording, and "felt" it was Zimmerman's voice "in his heart". I can't believe this is what the defense has! Ha!
    I saw that and almost fell out too. LOL! Then I realized the real reason they chose to put his uncle on the stand from his mother's side of the family. Were you at all curious as to why they did not use his brother Robert that was all over television last year along with that black guy named Joe trying to defend Zimmerman with all sorts of lies and made up stories?

What has me thoroughly convinced now that Zimmerman murdered that kid is the fact that Martin did not sustain any injuries to his hands and that none of George Zimmerman's DNA was found on his clothing. Trayvons DNA was not found on the gun. Zimmerman has continued lying about what really happened.

d is the fact that Martin did not sustain any injuries to his hands and that none of George Zimmerman's DNA was found on his clothing. Trayvons DNA was not found on the gun. Zimmerman has continued lying about what really happened.
    And that, right there, is what should get Zimmerman convicted.

What's also ridiculous is that if Martin was really pounding Zimmerman's head against the concrete, he would have had a concussion and much more of an injury. Instead of walking around the police department making buddy-buddies with the cops, he would have been admitted to the emergency room. he certainly would not have been walking around the the scene on camera with a couple of band-aids. And, again, where's all that DNA that should have been on each other's bodies and clothes? Amazing how Martin grabbed a gun and not leave any fingerprints or DNA on it. The way it looks in reality is that Zimmerman injured himself. It's pretty clear to me that Zimmerman set it up in the pitiful attempt to make it look like he was attacked, among the mountains of other inconsistencies in his statements.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-06-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Hey, check this out. Very interesting.........

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...-his-injuries#

If I was on the jury, it would not be looking good for GZ.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    If I was on the jury, it would not be looking good for GZ.

I'm with you Nosey. It became clear to me at least this week that Zimmerman's attorney's are nothing more than Flim-flam men! That look for anything they can twist and play with from a witness such as the Medical Examiner. They spent an inordinate amount of time questioning him as to why he did not have photos taken of Trayvon Martins palms. Also, why didn't he have hundreds of pictures taken of various body parts. They are grasping, but they are good at doing it with a straight face knowing their questions are irrelevant to the case.

Marv, we all know a trial is not the search for the truth and that both sides are guilty depending on the trial. Like Madea said, they are Lie-Aryers. LOL!

I'm with you Nosey. It became clear to me at least this week that Zimmerman's attorney's are nothing more than Flim-flam men! That look for anything they can twist and play with from a witness such as the Medical Examiner. They spent an inordinate amount of time questioning him as to why he did not have photos taken of Trayvon Martins palms. Also, why didn't he have hundreds of pictures taken of various body parts. They are grasping, but they are good at doing it with a straight face knowing their questions are irrelevant to the case.
    Of course, you have to remember that this is what the defense lawyers were hired to so. They are trying to get their client acquitted, despite what the facts may be.

thomas96 Guest
    My only thoughts on this, are that, absolutely no one here knows for sure what happened that night, yet many of you are still saying that something you BELIEVE happened, DEFINITELY happened. Saying that Zimmerman is DEFINITELY a racist, and DEFINITELY wasn't getting beat up by Martin, etc. Let the trial play out and let a jury decide. Don't just assume that he was murdered out of racism as what happened that night is to be decided by the prosecution, defense, and the jury, not you and the media.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    Marv, we all know a trial is not the search for the truth and that both sides are guilty depending on the trial. Like Madea said, they are Lie-Aryers. LOL!
    Madea? hehehehehehehehe!

But all kidding aside. They have a treasure trove of information showing George Zimmerman's pack of lies. From that interview he did with Hannity where he said he had never heard of Florida's Stand Your Ground law prior to murdering Trayvon Martin. His professor said that they specifically focused on that law in a class where Zimmerman got an A!

You are correct. They are not searching for the truth!

Of course, you have to remember that this is what the defense lawyers were hired to so. They are trying to get their client acquitted, despite what the facts may be.
    Well thank God the judge threw out their bid for an acquittal and now the Jury must decide......

My only thoughts on this, are that, absolutely no one here knows for sure what happened that night, yet many of you are still saying that something you BELIEVE happened, DEFINITELY happened. Saying that Zimmerman is DEFINITELY a racist, and DEFINITELY wasn't getting beat up by Martin, etc. Let the trial play out and let a jury decide. Don't just assume that he was murdered out of racism as what happened that night is to be decided by the prosecution, defense, and the jury, not you and the media.
    I can definitely say that George Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin. I can definitely say that there was no intense struggle or fight before he killed that boy at point blank range!

We can certainly make an educated guess according to the evidence submitted. The prosecution has presented a solid case, and the defense has not made much headway in creating reasonable doubt.

Madea? hehehehehehehehe!

But all kidding aside. They have a treasure trove of information showing George Zimmerman's pack of lies. From that interview he did with Hannity where he said he had never heard of Florida's Stand Your Ground law prior to murdering Trayvon Martin. His professor said that they specifically focused on that law in a class where Zimmerman got an A!

You are correct. They are not searching for the truth!
    If Zimmerman had been smart, he would have stayed silent and not granted those interviews and talked freely to the police. That's partly why the dumbass isn't a cop.