[REMOVE ADS]

VIPS 406 Ivy Jo Hunter.

I believe I saw the art work for this cover some years ago, can anybody substantiate that or post it.

Roger, it's in Motown Treasures, Ivy Joe Hunter's folder.

Name:  IJz.jpg
Views: 2928
Size:  23.5 KB

This is found in the Ivy Jo folder; however I could not locate a picture of the cover of Blinky's "Sunny & Warm' album [[also featured in issue 62 of In The Basement) in the Blinky folder. Perhaps Grapevine may want to add it.

PJ, there is no actual cover. What was ITB 62 was just a mock up and sadly it's never going to happen now that Reel have left the building

John,

Is there no likelihood that if Reel are no longer able to deliver Blinky and Ivy Jo, the rights to distribute are relinquished and another company, eg ACE, could take them up instead?

cheers Mike

Mike, I'm hoping that someone may manage to pick up Blinky & Ivy Joe as I'm led to believe that they are almost ready to roll. There's lots of good companies out there like Ace, Light In The Attic, Soulmusic, Cherry Red, Wounded Bird, BBR etc so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    PJ, there is no actual cover. What was ITB 62 was just a mock up and sadly it's never going to happen now that Reel have left the building
    Isn't the Ivy Jo cover also a mock up? I see no VIP insignia on the cover.

jeez, do i ever dream about an exhaustive ivy jo hunter release on ace! soooo underappreciatedL

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Isn't the Ivy Jo cover also a mock up? I see no VIP insignia on the cover.
    I believe that it was the original artwork which was to be used by Reel minus any Motown logo of course.

Many thanks everybody for your imput. Although it`s not as I had imagined as I thought it was more indicative of the title.Extra thanks copley for the image.

Ace, are you listening? Can you do it?

The question is being put to all the aforementioned companies.

John, super to hear!

I wish

Name:  blinky back - july 08.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  84.3 KB

So do I, we all live in hope. It does look real.

My mother says she remembers seeing a very different cover for Ivy Jo's album in the Seventies [[1970) on a Motown 45 sleeve. His single I Remember When [[Dedicated to Beverly) got some radio play and sales in Detroit during the spring or early summer of 1970. She can't recall the proposed album title but says "Bag" was in there somewhere. For some reason, after a promising start, Motown pulled support of the single and the proposed album was canned or scrapped.

For the proposed Blinky album, I wish Brother Love would get involved. He seems to have a knack for getting rarities released - on Patrice Holloway and Sisters Love. He keeps us with the California soul singers and probably could get Blinky involved.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-06-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I still live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by the sound of young america View Post
    I still live in hope.
    With a moniker like you have, you're halfway there!

With the release of the Fantastic Four lost album, I'll eat my shorts if ACE haven't been kicking around the idea of both Ivy Jo and Blinky CD's.

If not, I'm sure they are plenty who will do it for you!

Arf arf!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Mike, I'm hoping that someone may manage to pick up Blinky & Ivy Joe as I'm led to believe that they are almost ready to roll. There's lots of good companies out there like Ace, Light In The Attic, Soulmusic, Cherry Red, Wounded Bird, BBR etc so who knows.
    Copley, I doubt if Wounded Bird would release it, as they deal with Warner Brothers product only. Let's hope the other labels pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    If not, I'm sure they are plenty who will do it for you!

Arf arf!
    OOh John, you old sauce box!

Just a hunch, but I suspect "Sunny & Warm" will be next from ACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    My mother says she remembers seeing a very different cover for Ivy Jo's album in the Seventies [[1970) on a Motown 45 sleeve. His single I Remember When [[Dedicated to Beverly) got some radio play and sales in Detroit during the spring or early summer of 1970. She can't recall the proposed album title but says "Bag" was in there somewhere. For some reason, after a promising start, Motown pulled support of the single and the proposed album was canned or scrapped.

For the proposed Blinky album, I wish Brother Love would get involved. He seems to have a knack for getting rarities released - on Patrice Holloway and Sisters Love. He keeps us with the California soul singers and probably could get Blinky involved.
    This album came out sometime back in the 90s on a vinyl bootleg label, and it did have a different cover. I have it somewhere; I'll try to find it. I think it had some sort of "bag" on the cover as I recall. The same company had released a number of Motown bootlegs, some of titles that had previously been released [[I think Undisputed Truth's "Cosmic Truth" was one) and some which hadn't.

I remember when I saw the album the cover looked slightly familiar to me, so maybe your mother is correct and it did appear on a sleeve or other promotional item.

Fascinating hunch, mysterysinger. Hate to see hopes raised then dashed, so I'd better say right away that I just learned yesterday what the next Ace/Motown release will be, and will announce it as always when the date is finalised. Hope you will find it acceptable to be going on with.

To return to the Subject, VIP 406 has been discussed at Ace, and has not been ruled out ... if everyone on this thread pledged to buy say, 100 copies, we might be able to move it along!

I'm good for 2 copies for sure!

Maybe we should post a new thread...like a pledge drive.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Fascinating hunch, mysterysinger. Hate to see hopes raised then dashed, so I'd better say right away that I just learned yesterday what the next Ace/Motown release will be, and will announce it as always when the date is finalised. Hope you will find it acceptable to be going on with.

To return to the Subject, VIP 406 has been discussed at Ace, and has not been ruled out ... if everyone on this thread pledged to buy say, 100 copies, we might be able to move it along!
    Well since ACE can do no wrong I'm sure whatever is decided with regard to a Motown release will be fine [[and I'm already anticipating its addition to my collection). However I cannot guarantee to buy 100 VIP406 [[assuming the price will be more than 10p). There's a definite 1 here though.

Almost forgot about this thread. Wonder if the 100 pledges ever materialised?

This thread is complete, as far as I'm aware. Total offers to date: 2+1=3.

One for me

I definitely will by a copy, as well as a Blinky release.

Ivy Jo a no go it seems! So now we know no.

That seems fair enough.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 02-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Only 3? It would be interesting to know the total sales of the other Motown titles on Ace. I wonder if they are all around the same volume, that could be taken that the same people are buying each release. It could then be deemed that an Ivy Jo set would sell roughly the same.

I've never purchased 100 each of any of the others!

I know of at least 200 who would buy Blinky & Ivy Jo!

We desperately need these releases. It'd be nice to have these released while these legends are still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by biggestfourtops fan View Post
    We desperately need these releases. It'd be nice to have these released while these legends are still with us.
    Yes yes yes
    Free Blinky and Ivy Jo!

Free? Put me down for several, I'm all for saving money.