[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The Dolls

The Dolls

Does anyone know anything about this group? What cute girls and they have a great, early girl group sound.
    Last edited by blueskies; 02-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.

I'm not familiar with the group, but while watching the video, I couldn't help but think what a good Supremes song that would have been.

I agree, Ralph. Unfortunately, I had to take down the video as I realizes it listed my email address. If anyone is interested in the video, it's at youtube at "The Dolls". Enjoy!

I'm bumping this thread in the hope someone who knows can tell us more about this group...
    I loved their sound and their spunk! Why they never blew up baffles me. Unfortunately they have not been featured in any girl group book I've read, they don't show up at all on the so-called All Music
    website and when I googled them all I got were references to either The Pussycat Dolls, The New York
    Dolls [[who were guys!) or the Valley Of The Dolls movie...In the comments section on youtube someone
    mentioned The Reason Why was actually a b-side of That Reminds Me which I couldn't find at all...
    O Well....Anyway, for those who may or may not have seen them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEw-qWTzVI0

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  21.1 KB
    To which "Dolls" group are you referring? There were several. I like the Texas group best [[that sang "The Reason Why") in 1965. There was a group from New York as well, another East Coast group, and some others. What songs did your group sing?

The Reason Why group, that's the link I posted. I know the title is abbreviated in the link but it's the best picture quality
    of all of the post of this song...