[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Good to see you aboard, Julius. Welcome.

Hi guys!

I'm new here - and a lifelong fan of soul/funk/motown/Northern Soul...

I work in the business, and I'm constantly looking to grow my own knowledge base. I'm a 5th generation Detroiter - recently back from LA, and it seems like you guys all know more than pretty much anyone when it comes to this type of music.

Looking forward to learning and contributing!

Jacob Nathan

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  21.1 KB
    Hi Everyone,
    Robb Klein here,
    I started with SDF in early-mid 2002. I started collecting records in 1953, liking R&B, Blues, Jazz and Gospel music. I loved Soul music as it developed. I worked for Motown during most of the '70s (1973-79), working on unreleased oldies projects. I was co-owner of Airwave, Airwave International and Altair Records from 1980-1985. I provide input into Ace and Kent CD projects, providing rare records to remaster, scans of labels, and help writing the CDs' booklets. I am also a cartoonist, Disney comic book writer and artist and film animator.

Glad to see Vonnie, Mary G and Soul Sister back on SDF!

Welcome Newbies!
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-24-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  21.1 KB
    Hi Everyone,
    Robb Klein here,
    I started with SDF in early-mid 2002. I started collecting records in 1953, liking R&B, Blues, Jazz and Gospel music. I loved Soul music as it developed. I worked for Motown during most of the '70s (1973-79), working on unreleased oldies projects. I was co-owner of Airwave, Airwave International and Altair Records from 1980-1985. I provide input into Ace and Kent CD projects, providing rare records to remaster, scans of labels, and help writing the CDs' booklets. I am also a cartoonist, Disney comic book writer and artist and film animator.

Glad to see Vonnie, Mary G and Soul Sister back on SDF!

Welcome Newbies!
    Hey Rob! As with many in this "closed society" of a forum community, I had no idea of your background. Cool!

Hi Everyone,

So nice to finally be posting on the forum. I'm 28, live in Chicago, and work as a freelance writer, and a clerk in a library. I grew up listening to Motown on the oldies channel to and from school with my mom. I bought my first Motown cd, a Supremes greatest hits album and things took off from there. The Supremes still remain my favorite Motown act, and Scherrie Payne my favorite Supreme. I'm really looking forward to the great conversations on the board.

All Best,
    Patrick

Being a big Supremes collector, you are sure to see a lot of Supremes related posts on the Motown Forum

Hi, all!! 😀

I'm new here. I have always loved Motown, but up until recently I didn't even know it. Luckily, I am currently on journey of what you might call "Motown discovery" Sadly (and frustratingly!) the company had just celebrated its 40th anniversary by the time I was born, so I don't know a lot from first-hand experience, only what I can read online. I joined here for that very reason: to learn more and more and more about Motown!

Thanks!! 😀
    TomatoTom123 (otherwise known as Tom &#128516
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-08-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Hi there. I'm a (very) long-time lurker, but only now have I mustered up the courage to join. My name is Emile, and I'm from S. Ontario. I live about an hour's drive from Detroit on the Michigan/Ontario border. Ever since I was a kid (I'm 41 currently), I remember listening to the oldies station from Detroit, and it gave me a healthy love and appreciation for the Motown Sound. I'm constantly seeking out the new and amazing that have been released from the depths of Motown's vaults. I enjoy pretty much all the Motown groups, but the Supremes, in all their various incarnations, are my #1 Motown group of all time. One of my nicknames I go by is DJ Moch -- I'm an amateur mixer, I dabble in my spare time, and I have tried my hand at remixing some Motown classics.

Looking forward to learn more about the label (and groups) that I love.

Emile (aka DJ Moch)

Welcome Emile! Hope you have a great time (as I have done)