[REMOVE ADS]

Brillance! MJ, George and Mr. Andy!

Listening to MJ, George and Mr. Andy on Nightflight; George and Andy, you couldn't have spoke more eloquently regarding Diana vs. Mary. Your wisdom and insight is most supreme. Thank you for taking us inside the studio, giving us so much amazing information, but most importantly, showing class that Maxine Powell would be proud of. xo

Agreed. They are wonderful people.

I encourage all SD members to listen.

atcsm Guest
    It is a great show!

Nightflight................where you get firsthand knowledge first. Here you go Fran.

I missed this. Is there any link where it can be heard?

Although I missed this one, these shows with Andy and George [[and Harry!) are always wonderful ... thanks to John!!!!!

Did the gentlemen mention what Hip-O expanded editions are currently in the works for the next release by Diana and/or The Supremes?

Thank you.

Diana Ross - Baby It's Me [[with the rest of the recently found Jeffrey Bowen sessions)

Supremes - At The Copa [[Andy was in the studio Tuesday working on it)

The hope is later in the year for release but neither George or Andy wanted to give a tenative date to have it pushed back and upset the fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Diana Ross - Baby It's Me [[with the rest of the recently found Jeffrey Bowen sessions)

Supremes - At The Copa [[Andy was in the studio Tuesday working on it)

The hope is later in the year for release but neither George or Andy wanted to give a tenative date to have it pushed back and upset the fans....
    LOVE LOVE JOY JOY!

So "Baby" is going to have SEVERAL vaults song, not just two :0)

Hoping Copa will included Diana's studio-recorded leads undubbed!

supremester Guest
    The Black Album is probably my fave album ever. It was a contemporary album, I liked every song, the cover art was the best ever and, most importantly, it showed what a versatile, gifted genius Diana Ross is in the studio - nailing five genres perfectly. It was the album I had been hoping for since Jan 14, 1970. I recall the day it came out vividly, what a wonderful time in my life it was, and so the Nightflight show just meant so much more to me. I loved hearing the stories about putting it together. The love and care that is so obvious in the finished product, came alive during the show. I have loved all of their re-issues. Literally, every time I'm blown away. But this, is the best. Andy's One Love In My Lifetime alone is amazing. The Copa cannot arrive soon enough!

atcsm Guest
    Just got my copy today - it is a great compilation. Thank you Andy & George for a work of love. I always enjoy listening to alternate takes because it shows the work in progress for the final result. However, I have to say that the alternate take for To Love Again is better than the official release. Harmony is a fun listen. Thanks again guys & we always enjoy your postings here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post

Supremes - At The Copa [[Andy was in the studio Tuesday working on it)*
    Jeffrey Bowen sessions, waw! I imagine some songs for the planned 1978 Richard Perry produced 2nd album would also surface.
    And then, "Ross" 1978 and we will have almost everything.

Yeah don't you think that Harry, Andy and George have just gone way beyound the call of duty to keep us happy ? I mean really,,,,, so much care and love that it just amazes me. I have not forgotten you too John !!! I know from time to time you had your hand in there !!! Wish I could shake their hand and just say THANKS !!!

atcsm Guest
    I love the overdubbing of her voice on Harmony. Pure magic.

I have tried in vain so far to access any past podcasts for the Nightflight radio program hosted by Midnight Johnny. Can anyone please give me a direct link to a site when I can hear the much praised interviews he hosted with the fellows from Hip-o select speaking about the Motown reissue program. Thanks for helping out. Mark

Mark....thanks for your interest. Here is the WOMR podcast link.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wo...erm=&pageNum=2

Since the search isn't user friendly, just scan for the titles "Nightflight" and you can download them...they take a little time to download. You'll find show for Andy and George, Blinky Williams, Janie Bradford, Frances Nero and a couple of Velvelettes interviews. Thanks again.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Listening to MJ, George and Mr. Andy on Nightflight; George and Andy, you couldn't have spoke more eloquently regarding Diana vs. Mary. Your wisdom and insight is most supreme. Thank you for taking us inside the studio, giving us so much amazing information, but most importantly, showing class that Maxine Powell would be proud of. xo
    mary brewster and all....thank you so much for your VERY kind words!

John

I listened to Midnight Johnny's 3 hour radio program live this past week and I was very impressed by a number of things. Very professional presentation, way more eclectic in music choices than I would have suspected [[but now I know and how!) and John surprises and thrills his listener's with his own extended reworkings of classic recordings, which were faithful to the originals, but have enough new twists and turns to make his remix unique. Time well worth spending for sure!