[REMOVE ADS]

Lovin' Fever - High Inergy

On Amazon, I spotted a new "best of" collection by High Inergy to be released by Expansion in a few weeks. Can't wait! [[Except I don't see some of my own personal favorites from the "Groove Patrol" LP).

I think we already had a thread about this release--one way or the other I'm glad it's coming out. BUT I hope it's available on ITunes because my annoying Nano will not play anything that wasn't purchased on Itunes.

I really used to like High Inergy and was baffled as to why they never really made it.

"Lovin' Fever" was my all time favorite record from them. I thought this was what this was going to be about, but thanks Mike for the heads up.

I loved that song too--in fact, every song on that album was really good. Most of their music was great pop music

Thanks for letting us know! Looking forward to it.

Just received my copy today. The music has aged well. Finally a compilation showcasing their work. I am glad to have the duet [[Just A Touch Away) with Smokey Robinson. One of my favorites from "Groove Patrol".

http://www.importcds.com/Music/23753...High-Inergy-CD

For those interested.....importcds has this at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    http://www.importcds.com/Music/23753...High-Inergy-CD

For those interested.....importcds has this at a good price.
    I ordered my copy from Dusty Groove America.

I just realized they release eight albums. Waw! I first heard this group with "Shoulda Gone Dancin'", a 12" included in a 4-vinyl set called "Motown's disco party pac".

What is the tracklisting and the timings of this compilation?

Tracklisting ..........
    1. Lovin' Fever
    2. Heaven's Just A Step Away
    3. First Impressions
    4. I'm A Believer
    5. Love Of My Life
    6. Going Thru The Motions
    7. Save It For A Rainy Day
    8. Could This Be Love
    9. Devotion
    10. Now That There's You
    11. Midnight Music Man
    12. Main Ingredient
    13. Just A Touch Away
    14. You Can't Turn Me Off [[In The Middle Of Turning Me On)
    15. Somebody Somewhere
    16. Hold On To My Love
    17. Didn't Wanna Tell You
    18. All Of You
    19. Journey To Love
    20. He's A Pretender

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    Just received my copy today. The music has aged well. Finally a compilation showcasing their work. I am glad to have the duet [[Just A Touch Away) with Smokey Robinson. One of my favorites from "Groove Patrol".
    Bounce TV aired a Soul Train show yesterday from the early 1980s with Lakeside and High Inergy, who performed Groove Patrol and He's A Pretender. They even talked about Motown 25. They were good even though it was about to be the end of the road for the act.

I liked the Lovin Fever disc although it does not include many of the group's singles, but the group's lead vocalist was very talented. She could belt like Thelma Houston and do the pop stuff like Ross. I can see why she was signed to Motown. What's she [[Barbara Mitchell) up to these days?

She got into cutting gospel for a number of years [[with her old Motown producer Kent Washburn) but more recently [[5 o 10 yrs back) I believe she was singing lead vocals on a number of dance tracks that got released.

SORRY, it was original lead singer Vernessa that I was thinking of [[& referring to above) ........
    DETAILS FOR Vernessa HERE .......... http://www.discogs.com/artist/Vernessa+Mitchell
    Here's what Barbara cut ..... http://www.discogs.com/artist/Barbara+Mitchell

Twenty tracks, hits, and select album tracks from that supposed Supremes after Supremes? DROOL WORTHY!