[REMOVE ADS]

Scherrie Payne: "Let Yourself Go"

http://www.scherriepayne.com/HYPERLI...rriepayne.com/

According to this website, Scherrie was supposed to release this single in January. Does anyone "in the know" know what happened to this project?

http://www.supremevoices.com/

Looks like this was a Rick Gianatos project. Rick used to stop in and post occasionally.

Supremely Yours II is well under construction - almost half of the tracks are done and vocals are being recorded in August. We're not returning to any of the Supremes catalogue in this collection though we might be doing a Motown song. Steve Weaver, UK.

Steve, are you referring to a Scherrie solo project or the FLOS? Either way....sure glad to hear this!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Steve, are you referring to a Scherrie solo project or the FLOS?
    My question exactly. Regardless, thank heaven for no more Supremes remakes. Certainly by now Scherrie and Lynda have recorded most of their catalog.

Oh, apologies - it's the forthcoming FLOS CD - hence the title 'Supremely Yours II' and I fully understand your comments on not re-doing any more Supremes back catalogue, believe me, I much prefer the other tracks I released on the group [[how can you compare ANY cover of a Motown song to the original really? - Motown is the best - period) but I do like the the FLOS vocals on the Supremes recordings we did together - especially 'You're My Driving Wheel', 'Someday We'll Be Together' and 'Love Child'. Plus, they're a dream to work with in the studio!!Name:  JSL 2011 white sequins.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  41.7 KB! Must say tho - I would have liked to let you all hear Lynda do the lead on 'Bad Weather' - actually have the track done but it won't be on SYII.

would love to hear Lynda sing BAD WEATHER for sure!!! wonder if Lynda remembers the Stevie sessions. ? maybe she could let us know how many tracks were recorded? i think there was at least one more song they did with Steve W. gosh we have to wait tuntil august for the vocals to be done!!!! then a few months after to get the actual cd. im depressed already,talk about Bad Weather.
    although i wouldnt mind if Joyce redid a few of her DAWN tracks as solos,...HERE COMES THE SRING, THATS THE WAY A WALLFLOWER GROWS. well maybe.still listen to these songs even today. that girl can sing!
    please keep us posted. it has seemd kinda quite lately on the Flos .
    was there ever going to be a reissue of SUPREMES VOICES? thats the cd i have been looking for?

smark21 Guest
    Have the FLOS done any shows as of late?

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Supremely Yours II is well under construction - almost half of the tracks are done and vocals are being recorded in August. We're not returning to any of the Supremes catalogue in this collection though we might be doing a Motown song. Steve Weaver, UK.
    Thanks for the information, Steve. Are you saying that vocals for the first six tracks will not be recorded for six months? And additional months for other tracks? Are we looking for one year+ as a potential release date?

People complain about The Supremes having their head cut off on a cd cover but the FLOS have lost their feet! What is happening to all these Supremes and missing body parts????????
    Last edited by thommg; 02-09-2012 at 11:28 AM.

All the Supremes can levitate because they are Supreme beings................

Looks like I'm going to have to get some more of the first CD pressed. Because it's been so long since SY1, and with the recent announcement of SYII I've been asked for more copies. It's all down to cost really. SYII is first priority but yes, it's possible SY1 will be re-released. Thank you for your comments. Lynda certainly remembers the last sessions with Jean. I'll ask her to email me her recollections from that time. Did you see the video I posted on YouTube of the unedited version of 'Bad Weather' - you can tell when the track stops they were having a ball in the studio!

As far as a release date is concerned, I really hope to have it out before the end of this year. We're still deciding on the rest of the songs - pretty close to a firm track listing tho. There'll be solo leads, duets and some shared leads. Their vocal blend is superb - in my opinion, the best FLOS has ever sounded. It's possible we'll put out a single [[through iTunes) and if that is going to happen I'll let the forum know ASAP. That's a promise. Supremely Yours II is the working title btw - again, I'll let everyone know if that changes too.
    Name:  SYII-teaser-logo.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  74.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ivyfield; 02-09-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks for all that info, Steve. Could you tell us where we can purchase the CD when it's available?

ok so just for clarification is Scherrie singing "Let Yourself Go" on this new CD ?

Thanks captain; I don't know if the original question was ever answered.

No. That's a completely separate project that Rick Gianatos has with Scherrie.

Guys, I'm not used to posting on forums so if I'm putting something in the wrong place, please tell me! I now try and dip in on a weekly basis and get Google alerts - which prompted my reply to the original thread.

Thanks Ivy,
    I was soooooooooooooo confused

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    No. That's a completely separate project that Rick Gianatos has with Scherrie.

Radio edit of the Flos SIsters United--great dance music tho lyrics a bit insipid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapLWJ0OSOM

Not in the last couple of months no - because Scherrie & Joyce [[and her sister Pam) were working on the Cliff Richard UK 'Soulicious' tour. They got that gig because they did all the backing vocals on the Soulicious CD. The DVD of the tour came out late November over here - great clip of Scherrie duetting with Cliff on 'Do You Ever' which I've put on YouTube. They've got dates coming up in Europe and the USA. I'll check with Eric to find out when/where.

Thanks for keeping us updated, ivy. I'd be most interested in Scherrie, Lynda and Joyce's US dates.