[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are members of the Ohio Players still with us?

They were my favorite group growing up in the 70's. Are all the members still living? thx.

Yes, Sugarfoot Bonner still tours with some guys, and a few others are alive [[see the very good Unsung episode), Satch made a number of dumb personal and financial moves and died.

My favorite funk band of all-time, they could seriously bring it. I know they're appreciated on this board, but it's another group whose history is sadly underappreciated. I met one of my best friends 20 years ago [[still friends today), I gave her a ride and I had "Gold" on cassette. She saw the case and couldn't believe someone living in Oregon besides her loved The Ohio Players. We laugh about it still today.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Yes, Sugarfoot Bonner still tours with some guys, and a few others are alive [[see the very good Unsung episode), Satch made a number of dumb personal and financial moves and died.

My favorite funk band of all-time, they could seriously bring it. I know they're appreciated on this board, but it's another group whose history is sadly underappreciated. I met one of my best friends 20 years ago [[still friends today), I gave her a ride and I had "Gold" on cassette. She saw the case and couldn't believe someone living in Oregon besides her loved The Ohio Players. We laugh about it still today.
    Thx for the reply tsull1, glad to know Sugarfoot is still with us, he was a riot.

Here's a full episode of UNSUNG on The Ohio Players. It is a must see [[especially if you are a fan)

Thx glencro.