[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes - Final Sessions Get it now!

Incredible price on amazon if you want it, now would be a good time.

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Yourself-G...1YPHE074TCPFBR

Waw, half price six months later! Can't see why. It may be an error because on the other sites the price has not changed so dramatically.

I bought some of the tracks on Itunes last night. I think Mary sounds fine doing the whole lead on "You're What's Missing"--but there was another where she did the lead on a song sung originally by Scherrie [[ maybe "Give in But Don't Give Up")that I preferred Scherrie on. I haven't heard "Where Do I go From here" in years and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing Scherrie's voice really was. Her tone and range are just incredible.

Oh GOD that song Mr. Boogie is just rancid.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I bought some of the tracks on Itunes last night. I think Mary sounds fine doing the whole lead on "You're What's Missing"--but there was another where she did the lead on a song sung originally by Scherrie [[ maybe "Give in But Don't Give Up")that I preferred Scherrie on. I haven't heard "Where Do I go From here" in years and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing Scherrie's voice really was. Her tone and range are just incredible.
    Scherrie has the most incredible voice. I have some of her post Supremes solo stuff that still sounds great today.

I love the "shoop shoop It's in his Kiss" from the Final Sessions CD.

Roberta

Yeah she is a gifted singer.

I'm tempted to buy a second copy...

You can just get the tracks you want on Itunes for 99 cents if you prefer.

Just ordered my copy. The price had been too steep for my budget before, but who can pass that up? They had better not try to pull anything.

Thanks for the tip!

Sometimes there's no explaining how Amazon prices fluctuate...it's weirder than the stock market. I decided to order a second copy!

Wish they would re-issue the "This is The Story" box set. Been trying to get this for a couple of years now. Although some sites still advertise it, it isn't availabe when you place an order. So frustrating.

If the Jean Terrell set is now unavailable, I suppose it was a good seller; the second one is not apparently. Too bad because, from a collector point of view, the second one is a real goldmine.

The TITS: Jean Terrell Years took several years to sell out just like this will. I'm sure it's selling fine. Not to guilt any holdouts on the Final Sessions or More Hits but remember it's the sales of products like this that determine how quickly the next project comes out and how expanded future reissues get to be.

The Final Sessions was a HUGE seller! According to Amazon, it made it to #16 in R&B sales and #316 in overall music sales. I don't think any current Supremes releases made it that high in sales on Amazon. Even the latest Ross-era Supremes expanded editions didn't chart as high. Even now getting close to a year after its release, it's currently at #3,989 in overall sales compared to More Hits by the Supremes - Expanded Edition which is #12,080 and the 50th Anniversary Singles Collection which is at #56,966.

I still think it's the best Supremes release by Hip-O. It deserved to be nominated for a Grammy for Best Historical Album in my opinion.

I wonder why the price has come down so much? Maybe just a few copies left and trying to clean out inventory?

The price was so enticing I couldn't resist. I wonder how long it will stay that low? Now, if the Marvelettes Forever More would come down in price, it'd be Christmas in Feb!

The price has dropped slightly once again to $26.61.

Used ones are more expensive than new ones now :-)

The price is now $25.94! It keeps going down and down! Get it while it lasts! Definitely worth every penny!

The price went back up. I hope some of you got it at that incredible price.

I ordered mine on tuesday and got it on friday at the 26.00 price

Last night it was $24.

Have you all heard the alternate take on "Sweet Dream Machine?" What do you think?

Mine arrived today at the reduced price. Haven't had time to listen yet, but the booklet is incredible!