[REMOVE ADS]

Great Music for a Thursday Night........Dionne Warwick [[Rare Clip)

Can you believe how good she is..............!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olvaD...layer_embedded
    Last edited by marv2; 01-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    can you believe how good she is..............!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olvad...layer_embedded
    marv,that was simply-marvelous..my favorite dionne tune,one classy song from one classy lady,great find marv!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    marv,that was simply-marvelous..my favorite dionne tune,one classy song from one classy lady,great find marv!!
    I mean man, Dionne sings so good she can make ya wanna cry! LOL! I hope I get to see her again soon. She wrote the book on how to sing a Pop/Soul song!

Always a delight to see or hear Miss Dionne perform anything. She certainly did a great job on a great song, but I personally have always thought her best music came later, during the Warner Brothers and Arista years. I usually find that I am in the minority with that opinion, but I just liked her maturity, the more lush orchestrations, more power in her voice, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Always a delight to see or hear Miss Dionne perform anything. She certainly did a great job on a great song, but I personally have always thought her best music came later, during the Warner Brothers and Arista years. I usually find that I am in the minority with that opinion, but I just liked her maturity, the more lush orchestrations, more power in her voice, etc.
    I cannot argue with your assessment. Dionne did put out some truly great recordings later on. I grew up listening to her so her Scepter, Bacharach-David material were like primers for me. She was pure voice then and they were super great writers.

Darling D sang the mess outta that song, didn't she?! ...I am so grateful for all of the music of my generation...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Darling D sang the mess outta that song, didn't she?! ...I am so grateful for all of the music of my generation...
    She "put her foot in it" as they say! Splanky, this may be a dumb question, but do you know if there are any Box Sets that have been released on Dionne?

She did some very nice remakes of her old Bacharach-David material on Dionne Sings Dionne, particularly "Reach Out For Me" and "Walk On By". Some of these songs included El Debarge and The Emotions. Here's an album review from AllMusic.com:

Reviewby Jason Elias

As one of the premier pop/R&B singers with a singular voice, Dionne Warwick's list of hits includes "Are You There [[With Another Girl)," "Once You Hit the Road," and the often nerve-racking "Heartbreaker." As she racked up the singles, Warwick fans also realize she has also released fulfilling albums through the years, including 1975's Track of the Cat and her 1979 comeback effort, Dionne. Dionne Sings Dionne is also a strong effort. While including new tracks, the bulk of Dionne Sings Dionne consists of reconfigured versions of her '60s work with Burt Bacharach and lyricist Hal David. Although many talented singers have come up empty when reviewing their classics, Warwick seems to be having fun here and deftly reexamines her oeuvre like only a handful of artists could. The '80s Earth, Wind & Fire-styled production values boost "Reach Out for Me." The song also features the Emotions, DeBarge, and the talented El DeBarge, who has some great chemistry with Warwick. "Say a Little Prayer" gets a casually elegant quiet storm reworking, with the rasp of Warwick's voice coming through loud and clear. Along the same lines, the always sweet Bacharach and David gem "All Kinds of People" is just as steady, with Warwick now bringing a sense of wisdom to the lyric where there once was hope. A new track, "Be My Neighbor," features Tyrese. With a lyric expressing that Warwick is desired by Tyrese as a surrogate mother who can offer advice, it comes off apt and sweet. Although at first this does seems haphazard, Dionne Sings Dionne is a fun and skilled effort.

Dionne Warwick - Walk On By [[New Version) with The Emotions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dValo35EXdQ

Dionne Warwick - Reach Out For Me [[New Version) with El DeBarge & The Emotions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfx0SsQbJ7Y

Thank you Texassoul for those links. I will check them out.

Marv