Well lets be clear here the Supremes, The Marvelettes and Vandellas all had great hit records with their
own backing vocals covering those songs well without the andantes thank you, It was just a company

decision to make the records sound smoother or records with a choral feel. Take for instance
the songs come and get thes memories, beechwood 45789, please mr. postman, playboy, baby love, come see about me, heat wave, quicksand, nowhere to run, back in my arms again as well as the accompanying albums that accompanied these hits these songs are genuine girl group records, later on Berry and or the powers that be decided to bring the andantes in to glorify those tracks and in many cases it had already taken place on their songs but the backgrounds of the genuine singers are featured here and that is the foundation of the girl groups sound at MOTOWN, the andantes came in after the genuine sound had been created. AFTER hearing wha the Andantes did for Mary Wells records particularly the My Guy album it was inevitable that they be heard on the sups, marvs and vandellas later on as well as the velevelettes whether we like it or not, lets face it they had a beautiful sound, but it does not take away from what mary, flo, catherine, juanita, wanda, rosalind, annette, and betty created first. .