[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross new album 2012 rumor - collabo w/Mary J. Blige

Hi everyone,

I just found the website "Pause and Play" that is reporting a 2012 new CD release by Diana Ross that reportedly will include a duet with son Evan [[yummy), and at least 4 songs written by none other than Mary J. Blige!

http://www.pauseandplay.com/upcoming.htm

That Mary rumors been floating about for a couple of years now. Judging from her latest release, I hope it was only mediocre because she gave her best stuff to Diana instead....

Yeah, I was about to say. I've heard rumors that Mary J Blige was suppose to be playing Nina Simone in a movie. I haven't seen anything yet!

Perhaps it will turn out like Diana playing Josephine Baker.

smark21 Guest
    A similar post with a link to that site was put up here around this time last year. I believe Evan Ross did release a single last year, but it went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post
    Perhaps it will turn out like Diana playing Josephine Baker.
    Or Faith Evans playing Flo Ballard.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Or Faith Evans playing Flo Ballard.
    LOL! Excellent point. A year ago people here were excited about the Flo movie and wondering if it would finally destroy Diana Ross once and for all, lol!

Reflections............of everything that could have been.

I believe this is nothing more than a fans "dream". The sad thing about it, if true, is that when its "released" it will have been 5 years to late and it would already sound dated. A big miscalculation.

Unfortunately, that's the case with Mary Wilson's record as well. That one has been promised for almost a decade.

All the Motown artists from the real Motown label are long long beyond their hit making years. What is left is the history and the music to enjoy and rehash.

I'm not sure any of them will ever have another hit; if they do, it will be huge luck.

I believe Lionel Richie is doing a country album of duets; maybe he'll end up on the country charts.

I suppose there is always the chance of a "believe".

I figured Diana's "Believe" was going to be "Not Over You Yet". I think it came out right about the same time, and all the clubs were playing it. It's still one of my favorite Ross records.