[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bankhouse dave....

The only thing I'd add to your marvellous post is that, while some at Motown may have lived for the day, and thought and hoped that the good times would last forever, lasting success and fame in the future was always so very uncertain.

No-one could have forseen that, 50 years later, we'd be here, discussing it.

Yes, everyone at Motown certainly had to keep working consistently, and work quickly and efficiently. While the pace couldn't, and didn't suit everyone, the end results were extremely impressive, and have endured for decades...and for that, I'll be forever grateful.

All that said, I've read and re-read your post several times.

If there's a better way than yours of putting it all into context, in such an evenhanded, logical and understandable manner, I'll be damned if I can think of it.

A real pleasure to read.....and thanks for the time you gave up to put it together.....

My pleasure, West Grand and Tony. Thanks.