[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Answer this 71

Answer this 71

Hey temps fans,what was david ruffin's other great contribution to the temptations legacy?

I'd have to say his main contribution was his incredible voice and the pain that he expressed in his music. Aside from that, his acrobatics onstage made him a complete package. He was an original, and unfortunately very disturbed as exceptionally creative people are sometimes known to be. It showed in his music. As time wore on, all the indulgences, tobacco, booze, drugs, never deteriorated his voice, which is rather unusual. It wasn't really a surprise when the news came that he died the way he did.

Jai, you wouldn't be referring to the mike stand , would ya ? I always tread carefully around your quizzes but this is the first thing that popped in my head ! lol...

uptight Guest
    Besides Ruffin's fancy footwork, I thought the answer might be that four-headed mike stand as well.

According to Lon Fontaine in his autobiography "Star Dancing", he [[Lon) actually drew a prototype of the 4 headed mike stand on a napkin during a meal with Ruffin. Ruffin took it back to Otis and the other Tempts, and somehow now Ruffin is credited with "inventing" it. Just sayin'. Seems like everything about David has some controversy around it.

But maybe that is not the contribution arr&bee is looking for.

The four headed mike is exactly what i'm talking about[paladin i knew you would get it]kalisa nice info,otis gives david credit four it getting made,if lon is right then the credit for it's invention goes to him..good catch gang,back to the drawing board!!

Giving it to Shantel Baker. She claims she did wear protection; she just needs to change her contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    giving it to shantel baker. She claims she did wear protection; she just needs to change her contacts.
    what is a shantel baker and what does she have to do with the four headed mike and david???

Jai I think this was supposed to be on Diana Ross thread.....Lord help us.......

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...ok paladin i get it!!