[REMOVE ADS]

FINALLY - a great video of The Persuaders original line up performing Thin Line Betwe

Finally, in 2012, I get to see a video of The Persuaders original line up performing - never seen them before - featuring Douglas "Smokey" Scott - Happy New Year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuHJgCos7A

Mike, for some reason your link didn't paste...I'm going to try to paste it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULuHJgCos7A

Two things struck me about this video: first, the picture quality is so frigging good you can see the overgrown hairs
    of Smokey's afro and 2) though there is no band visible as most performances on ST were lip syncs, they appear very
    much to be singing LIVE...Great find...

splanky, I too thought it was live singing over backing tapes...... In truth, the rendition was so spot on perfect that I hesitated to say it was indeed truly live. Whilst Smokey sounds EXACTLY like the record, I thought I detected slightly different background harmony separation, although again perfect. Again, first time I have ever seen ANY video of the original group, even though they had such huge smashes for a while. Oh, and thanks for posting the working link.

cheers for 2012 Mike

Great vid of the persuaders,i was lucky enough to see them perform that classic live..classic group and song!

It's finally dawned on me who Don Cornelius looks like: Lester, the dummy of Willie Tyler & Lester fame! LOL

Still no vids of original Persuaders singing live. Come on, someone somewhere in this planet must have a clip.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    It's finally dawned on me who Don Cornelius looks like: Lester, the dummy of Willie Tyler & Lester fame! LOL
    I think that Chocolate Rain dude looks more Lester

Just discovered that before being The Persuaders, Smokey et al were The Internationals under the helm of the Poindexter Brothers. Their sound was already fully developed....

and the OJAYS on the same song....

not forgetting Ray Lewis....

Good lord, I can't believe I'm just finding this out after all these years! Smokey and his
    crew were some SANGING ass mollyfocks from day one!...Thanks , Mike...

Hi Splanky, I know you are a huge Persuaders fan, as am I. I also believe the Poindexter brothers are massively unrecognised and woefully underappreciated for their huge catalogue of great compositions and productions...... you'll like this! All about Linda Jones recording of 'Hypnotized" by Richard Poindexter....

from Lonnie Youngblood and Jimi Hendrix.....

to Amy Winehouse.......