[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shantel Baker releasing 'Greatest HIts

As Jimi LaLumia wrote in another thread regarding Shanetl Baker: "Don't you remember her platinum album BAKERS DOZEN?"

The tracklist was leaked early this morning, but this long-awaited album of stone cold classics, recorded by Shantel Baker of the Supremes [[and featuring backing vocals by Lumpy, Dumpy, and CoCo) will be released by Hip-O Select in February 2012 - to coincide with the observance of Black History Month.

Name:  Pearlie.JPG
Views: 2300
Size:  10.8 KB
    The CD is set to include:

"Nothing But Earaches"

"Down The Ladder To the Gutter"

"Everybody's Got The Right To Lie"

"Low Energy"

"Shantel Is Here And Diana Is Gone"

"In And Out Of Wal-Mart"

"Run, Run, Run"

"Feral Cat [[Never Meant To Sing)"

And... "When The Vomit Starts Gurgling In His Throat"

Says Ms. Baker of the experience of compiling these classics onto one truly Supreme CD: "When I first replaced Diana Ross and Freda Payne and became a Supreme, I always felt blessed. Now, I am happy to share my talent and joy of singing with my fans. I also want to let them know that Pearlie Salters was never a Supreme; she cannot wear the Supremes name."

Later in the year, Hip-O Select plans on releasing the long-lost live album "Live! At Mamuska's" from the legendary vaults.
    Last edited by Sugarchilehoneybaby; 12-30-2011 at 02:09 AM.