[REMOVE ADS]

Honeycone question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2cQ4...ES2avM3uWEy2to

Does anyone know if Honeycone did any concerts? I never heard much about their live performances. Was this more of a studio group? I remember seeing them on TV back in the day. Loved their music. Their music still holds up pretty well.

Although they never appeared in Florida that I know of, I do remember seeing a nice review of a performance they did at the Apollo in New York.

Oh, yes, they were a performing act!

God, I LOVED The Honey Cone. Have all their albums, and thank god they were reissued on CD, which I have also. Class act...Paulo xxx

Just dug out a CD. Now booging to While Your Out looking For Sugar! Wow, Edna had a VOICE! Paulo xxx

In this thread, there is a post topic which features the latest DAEIDA magazine, with Edna Wright and Darlene Love on the cover. In the article, Edna talks about Honey Cone concerts.

Thanks reese for the info.Paulo xxx..Stick Up, Highway Robbery, stole my love from me.......

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In this thread, there is a post topic which features the latest DAEIDA magazine, with Edna Wright and Darlene Love on the cover. In the article, Edna talks about Honey Cone concerts.
    Thank you!

You can catch a glimpse of member Shellie Clark during the recent Soul Train Awards that is currently airing. She accompanied her husband Verdine White of Earth, Wind, and Fire, who were honored this year.

Shellie Clark had been an Ikette for awhile, so she had to sing & dance, Carolyn Willis had worked with Phil Spector so you know she knew how to sing.....& then Edna, what a voice!I loved all their 45 releases, my fave being "Innocent Til Proven Guilty"what a performance!

My favorite honecone sides are Don't Count Your Chickens, A Little More, Stickup, and One Monkey Don't Stp No Show
    I have them on a Soul Train Show, what dance moves, and outfits are truly the heart of the 70's.