[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I read this the other evening. I think it will be hard for some fans to accept this but the best evidence is from Valerie and this is what she says and I think we must accept it.
    I think Valerie has incentives [[$) to not say that its her on those songs. Listen to the album in question and songs and questions and they are not the same singers. Marvin Gaye, before he died, stated that it was Valerie Simpson on those songs. What motive would Marvin Gaye have for making that statement? If Motown could replace Mary and Florence on recordings for years and have no one the wiser, then why wouldn't they replace an ailing Tammi Terrell?
    Last edited by RossHolloway; 11-23-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    I think Valerie has incentives [[$) to not say that its her on those songs. Listen to the album in question and songs and questions and they are not the same singers. Marvin Gaye, before he died, stated that it was Valerie Simpson on those songs. What motive would Marvin Gaye have for making that statement? If Motown could replace Mary and Florence on recordings for years and have no one the wiser, then why wouldn't they replace an ailing Tammi Terrell?
    I agree. What reason would Marvin Gaye have had to lie? He was in a confessional mood at the time he was interviewed by David Ritz. I believe he was free from Motown and wanted to set the record straight. I'm not sure what Motown and Valerie Simpson's motives or incentives were in replacing Tammi Terrell and denying that Valerie sang on those records. Maybe they meant well and are protecting Tammi's legacy. But it's Valerie Simpson on many of those duets, no punching in or tweaking was involved. You can't fool my ears.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.