[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Actually, I read over Marvin's revelation, and his statements appeared to be more flawed than Val's! He stated that it "might" be Tammi on "I Can't Believe You Love Me", a track recorded well before the Idea of Marvin and Tammi came to be. Plus, Marvin wasn't quite mentally stable by '83, after years of drugs use. I also read that he would smoke weed in the studio during sessions, leading me to believe he may have been high during the sessions he did with Valerie standing in [[as was the case with the later Diana Ross duets)

While we're on the subject of recording info, 8 of the 10 disputed tracks were recorded in March of 1969, with all of the female vocals done the same day1 Plus, Dark side if the world, was recorded around the same time and intended for Marvin Tammi, but only Marvin's vocals were recorded! That said, if Valerie was really singing all of Tammi's parts, Why didn't she do te same for "Dark Side of the world"

Frankly, I believe that if Tammi was really too ill to record anything, the "Easy" album would of never happened! Otherwise I think we'd of lost Tammi a lot sooner!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Actually, I read over Marvin's revelation, and his statements appeared to be more flawed than Val's! He stated that it "might" be Tammi on "I Can't Believe You Love Me", a track recorded well before the Idea of Marvin and Tammi came to be. Plus, Marvin wasn't quite mentally stable by '83, after years of drugs use. I also read that he would smoke weed in the studio during sessions, leading me to believe he may have been high during the sessions he did with Valerie standing in [[as was the case with the later Diana Ross duets)

While we're on the subject of recording info, 8 of the 10 disputed tracks were recorded in March of 1969, with all of the female vocals done the same day1 Plus, Dark side if the world, was recorded around the same time and intended for Marvin Tammi, but only Marvin's vocals were recorded! That said, if Valerie was really singing all of Tammi's parts, Why didn't she do te same for "Dark Side of the world"

Frankly, I believe that if Tammi was really too ill to record anything, the "Easy" album would of never happened! Otherwise I think we'd of lost Tammi a lot sooner!

Well look at the number of tracks that we now know are Tammi solo songs that Marvin later sung to on the Easy lp. Or what about the track We'll Be Satisfied on their anthology. That song wasn't released until well after the fact, was it just forgotten about during that time frame or was it left in the can for another reason? A couple other facts to point out: in an interview in either Ebony or Jet magazine Tammi herself stated that she hadn't recorded in about a year and a half, and yet we know that songs were being recorded and released as Marvin and Tammi songs. Also on Tammi's own anthology collection the last solo side that she recorded was in November 1967 about a month after she collapsed while performing live with MG. Why were there no other solo recordings? Tammi also had either 8 or 9 brain surgeries between late '67 and 1970. When would she have had time to recover from BRAIN SURGERY and travel to Detroit to record? Can anyone explain that to me?

RossHolloway Guest
    One more point: has anyone ever uploaded the Marvin and Tammi complete collection into iTunes? Did it not give anyone pause for questions when a number of songs when loaded up are credited to Marvin Gaye and VALERIE SIMPSON? The artist information would have been done by a Universal Motown producer and NOT iTunes. If Motown could substitute Mary and Florence, they why wouldn't they substitute Tammi Terrell?

I produced that set and I have no idea why the digital artist credits read that way. No one purposely inputted the information with Valere's name. I'll certainly check it out after the break.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    I produced that set and I have no idea why the digital artist credits read that way. No one purposely inputted the information with Valere's name. I'll certainly check it out after the break.
    HW you don't find it "strange" that songs credited to VS would appear in iTunes that way?

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    HW you don't find it "strange" that songs credited to VS would appear in iTunes that way?
    Of course I do, hence my post. I'll see how, why & what when I get back. And now I am REALLY taking a break.
    Last edited by hwume; 11-24-2011 at 12:05 AM.