[REMOVE ADS]

how about a four tops single collection?

despite all the pre-release whining about the supremes & temptations singles collections, they seemed to be quite a hit here. i want my four tops to get the same treatment! anyone agree?

I agree. Four tops is my favourite male motown group. Will be the first one to buy it.

Hip-o had an anthology released in 2004 for their 50th anniversary with all their A-sides but no B's.
    The cover-photo of that CD is much better than the supremes and temptations CD's

I'll buy one..love The Four Tops!!!!

I think it's a great idea, not only for the Four Tops, but for many of the Motown artists with a large enough singles catalog.

The work is already done thanks to TCMS collections. All that is needed is to compile and update the essays from TCMS, as was done with The Supremes and The Temptations, into separate collections on each artist. So for those who could not buy or did not want to buy any of TCMS collections they can get all the info on their favorite artists in one place.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by TYK1986 View Post
    I agree. Four tops is my favourite male motown group. Will be the first one to buy it.

Hip-o had an anthology released in 2004 for their 50th anniversary with all their A-sides but no B's.
    The cover-photo of that CD is much better than the supremes and temptations CD's
    That's lousy-leaving off "I'll Turn To Sone", "Left With A Broken Heart" and others.

As Andy Skurow said in John Perrone's radio interview the other day, he and his team [[George Solomon, Harry Weinger, a.o. at Universal Music) have so many plans. The could produce DeLuxe boxes until 2047, by The Supremes alone!
    At the same time there are as many bumps in the road that they [[might) stumble upon, technically, financially, economically, you name it.
    Their work is much appreciated by many a Motown music lover [[rather not 'fan'), whilst other 'fans' rather concentrate on gowns, rare b/w pics or who-dunnit-and-who-didn't. That's ok.

And if a Beach Boy fan like me has been able to wait for 44 years for the 1967 shelved SMiLE project by The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson, many a Motown fan will await patiently [[or not) what the Team can come up with. Of course they read most of the threads here and take usefull hints and facts into account. They should be wiser than rely on the memories alone of artiststs who are in their sixties/seventies now. Figure...

If only I could spend just 1 day watching how they actually DO it. For me it's a natural process as a pensionado journalist to be curious and not rest until I have found what I was looking for. That's why I compiled my own SMiLE over the years. And many gems on recent Motown outpourings were found by accident, i.e. at the very end of an obscure tape reel.

Let's not forget these are hard times economically, the cd-era will be over soon [[for the most part) and every one has to look into the future. Which you only can understand if you have learned your [[musical) history.

I just looked at it does contain "I'll turn to stone" which is one of my fave but "left with a broken heart"isnt on it.

I absolutely think they should release collections for all the major artists. I so didn't have the money for the complete
    collections and some of the stuff I really could care less about. I love the idea of dedicated box sets for all the major
    artists, just as long as they all match neatly like The Supremes and Temptations ones do. It's sorta like a re-do of
    the 1970's anthology series, only complete!