[REMOVE ADS]

Hodges, James & Smith: 1975

In 1975 Hodges, James & Smith were signed with 20th Century Records and released an album .....
    .. Power In Your Love [[20th Century #475)
    .... TRACKS ....
    1. Nobody
    2. Power In Your Love
    3. Momma
    4. Monkey shine
    5. He Did Me Wrong But he Did Me Right
    6. I Who Have Nothing
    7. Sexy Ways
    8. Rusty Old Halo
    9. West Virginia Symphony

A 45 was lifted from the album, so you would have thought that they would have been promoting their releases that year [[+ singing backing vocals on numerous recording sessions) .....
    ......... their album cover .......
    Attachment 529

..... but it seems that two of them [[+ another lady) were out on the road providing back-up for Paul Williams. Here's a photo to prove the fact ...........
    ......... [[l to r) Jessica Smith, Pat Hodges & Lagatha Smallwood ....
    Attachment 530

Anyone know what happened to Denita James that year & / or who Lagatha Smallwood was ?

By all accounts, Lagatha was 23 years old back in the summer of 1975 and she had plans to go solo [[I guess when Denita James rejoined the group).
    This 'revised' line-up had opened the show on concerts for groups such as the Temptations & the Dells.
    However, a web search finds nothing at all about Lagatha.