[REMOVE ADS]

Cool Motor city grooves l.p.

Need your help guys. Just bought this album called MOTOR CITY GROOVES Rare Funk & Break Beats from The Vaults Of Motown For Your Listening Pleasure.
    Tracks. Gordon Staples & The String Thing. Strung Out
    Barbara McNair. Here I Am Baby
    The Rustix. Feelin Alright
    The Messengers. California Soul
    Eddie Kendricks. If You Let Me
    Gladys Knight & The Pips. I Heard It Through The Grapevine
    Abdullah. I Comma Zimba Zio
    OC Smith. If You Knew
    Willie Hutch. Love Me Back
    Nolene & Crossley. Salsa Boogie

"The Soulful sound of Detroits finest was just the tip of the iceberg.." start the sleevenotes. Continuing "Motow City Grooves covers every musical genre that Motown experimented with..from funky rock to afro sounds..its all here. So whether you are a collector, sampler, of DJ seeking inspiration for the dancefloor, this is the compilation for you.

That was the sleeve notes for this Vinyl album.NOW, this is where I need your help. The album has the old SOUL label logo both on the sleeve and the LP., but in White. The catalogue number is MCG-01.

It looks like an official release from Motown / Universal, but PROMO? as white label?
    Each track has an individual comment on the back cover also.

Many Thanks for your help..Paulo xxxx

The label has the normal all rights reserved etc, but NO Universal or Motown. Confused?..Paulo xxx

Paulo, do you have the following info?

Motor City Grooves : 2XLP

Artist Various Artists
    Label The Sound Of Funky America
    Genre: Funk
    Catalog Number:MCG01
    Release Date:27 February 2006
    Shipping Status:Sold Out
    Format:Vinyl

I seems to have disappeared as soon as it was launched....never heard of the label Sounds of Funky America...and there does not appear to be any other product on this label.....

MIKEW-UK

This is what is confusing. It is a single vinyl album. There is no label indentification exept the old [[last) Soul label logo on both the record label and the sleeve. The Sounds of Funky America name is nowhere to be found on either. The record has the Soul logo in Black with a white background. It looks like a Motown / Universal Promo release, but does not indicate this anywhere. Looks too much like this to be a bootleg, but who knows. Sound quality seems like it wasnt taken from some dodgy old 45s...Paulo xxxx