[REMOVE ADS]

Lamont dozier live last week

Not great camera work, but the sound is ok, and Lamont is a giant after all, so it is of interest.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSmHwB2Mos

Wow and Scherrie Payne backing him. What a great clip. I wish Cliff Richard would bring this tour to the US.

Thanks for posting this MIKEW-UK.

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wow and Scherrie Payne backing him. What a great clip. I wish Cliff Richard would bring this tour to the US.

Thanks for posting this MIKEW-UK.
    Scherrie is such a lovely looking lady with one of the brightest smiles in showbiz. A colleague of mine went to see this concert last week and, even though he's not a Cliff fan, he said it was really good. Lamont was there as was Freda Payne. He said Freda's daughter sang and she had a fabulous voice, but now I'm wondering if it was actually Scherrie! Does anyone know if Freda has a daughter who sings?

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    Scherrie is such a lovely looking lady with one of the brightest smiles in showbiz. A colleague of mine went to see this concert last week and, even though he's not a Cliff fan, he said it was really good. Lamont was there as was Freda Payne. He said Freda's daughter sang and she had a fabulous voice, but now I'm wondering if it was actually Scherrie! Does anyone know if Freda has a daughter who sings?
    selinasian, Scherrie has grown up daughter and Freda has a son. Yes, I have to agree with you Scherrie Payne is a lovely looking and seemingly very sweet lady who is very talented.

Roberta

I just found this review of the show.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011...?newsfeed=true

Scherrie Payne and Cliff Richard singing a duet on his recent tour. Scherrie looks beautiful and sounds fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhgrQEEUE0E

Quote Originally Posted by 8supremes View Post
    Scherrie Payne and Cliff Richard singing a duet on his recent tour. Scherrie looks beautiful and sounds fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhgrQEEUE0E
    WOW this has hit written all over it. What a fabulous duet.

Thank you 8supremes.

Roberta

The young lady is Shoshanna Phillips, Scherrie Payne's daughter. She is a professional singer and has a website. Her father was Ronnie Phillips a musician.

I was offered last minute tickets for this concert in Manchester for £5 and turned them down as I am not a fan of Cliff Richard. Wish I had gone now if only to see Lamont and Freda.

dianesfan_1965 Guest

Check this one out from the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post

Check this one out from the same show.
    What a great clip. Thank you dianesfan1965.

Roberta

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The young lady is Shoshanna Phillips, Scherrie Payne's daughter. She is a professional singer and has a website. Her father was Ronnie Phillips a musician.
    Thanks for that! Was it Shoshanna singing at Cliff's concert?

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    selinasian, Scherrie has grown up daughter and Freda has a son. Yes, I have to agree with you Scherrie Payne is a lovely looking and seemingly very sweet lady who is very talented.

Roberta
    I have to agree Roberta! One of my all time favourite songs, and certainly the best to come from the Ian Levine days of Nightmare and Motorcity Records, is Scherrie's 'Chasing me into somebody else's arms'.

Chasing Me Into Somebody Else's Arms

I have to agree Roberta! One of my all time favourite songs, and certainly the best to come from the Ian Levine days of Nightmare and Motorcity Records, is Scherrie's 'Chasing me into somebody else's arms'.
    Just a slight correction. That track was planned as the followup to my first single with Scherrie, "I'm Not In Love." Ian arranged the track in the UK as we often did back in the 70's. When we were working on the Motor City recordings, and Ian wanted to do an album of Supremes solo recordings, he asked me if he could use it on the album. I agreed, and he included a shorter edit.. In 2013, I will be releasing a Scherrie album that looks back on her career including released and unreleased recordings of ours as well as some new tracks. Vintage Scherrie will include a complete 12" remix of "Chasing Me" never heard before.

No Freda has a son, Scherrie Payne's daughter Shoshanna is a professional singer.

Mikew, 8supremes, & Dianesfan -

Thank you each so much for posting those great videos. Lamont's terrific voice and ease of delivery--remarkable; Scherrie & Cliff--beautiful in every way; and Freda--dynamic and sensational. Thank you for all these gifts.