[REMOVE ADS]

Philles Records Album Collection

The box set of these six lps in CD format with original cover artwork is now available.
    They did a nice job, however, you must realize that some recordings are presented
    up to three times, ex: There's No Other [[Like My Baby), the first Philles single and
    the first record by the Crystals is on their "Twist Uptown" lp, "He's A Rebel" lp,
    and "The Crystals sing The Greatest Hits".
    The booklet is nice with some great photos and graphics.
    Besides the three lps mentioned above the set includes the Ronettes lp, Philles
    Records presents Today's Hits [[a compilation lp) and Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans
    lp, Zip A Dee Do Dah.
    A 7th CD is made up of some of the many instrumental "B" sides Spector would
    issue on his 45s so the "A" side would get all the attention.

Lucky you, having this CD set alrady, Randy. It isn't released in the UK until next week and I'm waiting impatiently to hear Frankenstein Twist again. Such a fun song that is just right for the fast approaching Hallowe'en celebration.

One interesting thing that I never even noticed before is that "Frankenstein Twist" , written by Henry-McCorkle, is actually
    Dee Dee Kenniebrew's mother, Kate Henry. Dee Dee confirmed this when I saw her two nights ago.
    Although it does credit the Ronettes with performing four of the songs on The Crystals sing the Greatest Hits lp, it
    doesn't say that it is Nedra singing lead on "The Wah-Watusi".