[REMOVE ADS]

Janet Jackson and James DeBarge baby? National Enquirer

Hey Guys

A friend just tipped me off that apparently the National Enquirer is about to come out with an article saying Janet Jackson had a "secret" kid back in the 80's. I haven't seen the article myself yet, but I have to say that I find this story very hard to believe. I think that the Jackson clan would have been traumatized by such an event--and somebody, somewhere would have leaked the story. My friend tells me that the article gets even more far fetched, saying that Michael raised the kid. Now how would the press not find out about that? If I recall correctly, the biological mother of at least one of MJ's kids has never been identified--but I'm pretty sure the ages of MJ's kids puts them out of the time frame of being born of Janet in the 80's.

Thoughts? Makes you wonder who sold that story...

Just read in a blog that Taraborrelli wrote in "The Music and the Madness" that Janet was pregnant, and had an abortion--but I don't recall reading that. It's been 10 years though so maybe I forgot about it.

RossHolloway Guest
    Not a new rumor..

Meaning she had a baby or had an abortion? I've never heard of this and I followed MJ's career pretty closely.

Do not believe this stuff unless you see an official announcement or confirmation. Your time is better spent on things that matter.

And, if it is true, it doesn't affect our lives any.

I agree that it isn't really anybody's business, but since it is about to come out in the Enquirer, I thought I'd ask. Also--apparently two members of the DeBarge family have spoken to the press about this supposed-to-be kid, but I noticed that they used terms like "I believe" rather than "I know for a fact" in these articles.

This is not a new rumour. I've heard this before. I remember when Janet's "Damita Jo" album came out and there were rumours that Damita Jo was the name of her secret child or something like that.

Yeah I've been doing some internet investigating, and these rumors seem to be coming directly from interviews with DeBarge family members circa 2005--but I never heard of this until now. I can see keeping an abortion quiet--but a living kid? I just don't buy it.

There were rumors back when Janet and James were married that she was expecting. I read it in [[I believe) Rock and Soul or Black Beat magazine. Much later, I recall reading that a DeBarge family member was saying that there was a daughter somewhere.

Given that LaToya recently released a book, and Jermaine is about to, the tabloid is probably just trying to cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    This is not a new rumour. I've heard this before. I remember when Janet's "Damita Jo" album came out and there were rumours that Damita Jo was the name of her secret child or something like that.
    I always thought Damita Jo was Janet's real name, birth name?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I always thought Damita Jo was Janet's real name, birth name?
    I think Damita is her middle name.

That story about the child has been in the tabloids before. There was the theory the baby got passed off to a relative and now gets referred to by Janet and the family as a cousin. Damita Jo is her middle names, she talks about it sounding country on the last interlude of the Damita Jo album before Just A Little While.....

Old rumor but probably about to raise its ugly head again.

I don't understand what the big deal is. I don't know the facts because I wasn't there, but I have to believe Janet Jackson was grown woman in the 80's and James Debarge or whatever his name is, was a grown man. Married or not, it is not illegal for them to have a baby. What the Hell was wrong with that?
    Last edited by marv2; 08-21-2011 at 03:21 AM.

If there was anything we need to know about this .................Latoya would have told us already...................LOL

Good point, Cappy! The article that's coming out will have bunch of pics of this supposed-to-be "secret kid," and the story will supposedly reveal how the Jackson's were able to "hide him in plain sight." I have friends at the tabloids and they tell me that every story these days has to have at least three eye-witnesses who will sign statements saying the story is true and accurate before that story even sees the light of day.

This rumor has been out since the 80's. There was even talk that in the video 2300 Jackson Street her child is one of the children. I also recall seeing "pictures" of the young lady a few years ago. This is one of those persistent rumors thats been repeated so many times, many people think its real. Janet has even commented and joked about this "chilld" of hers. I'm suprised you had never heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    This rumor has been out since the 80's. There was even talk that in the video 2300 Jackson Street her child is one of the children. I also recall seeing "pictures" of the young lady a few years ago. This is one of those persistent rumors thats been repeated so many times, many people think its real. Janet has even commented and joked about this "chilld" of hers. I'm suprised you had never heard this before.

It is indeed an old urban legend or a Jackson family mystery. Remember when Janet joined the cast of Fame and only remained on the show a short time? She supposedlyy left because she was allegedly pregnant and dealing with a troubled marriage. The troubled marriage part was true. This was reported by several magazines back in the 1980s. People say if Janet can hide a marriage, she can hide a child. But I don't know what is true.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 08-21-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Skool--I never heard of this, but then I'm not a Janet Jackson fan. If this story is just a stupid rumor that's been floated forever, why the Enquirer article now? The story says MJ raised the kid. It's also odd that it's coming out after MJ's death so he obviously can't sue over it. Somebody sold those photos to the tabloids--the question is who?