[REMOVE ADS]

Human stupidity about animals

When will people surrender their ridiculous ideas about what we can do with
    different species of animals? Aren't there some age old practices we would be better
    off letting go of?...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38766766...d_news-europe/

Bulls are not boxers; they don't ask to meet us in a ring...
    Last edited by splanky; 08-21-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Another example of this foolishness...

http://www.wyff4.com/news/24698723/detail.html

Thankfully, one Spanish province has banned bull-fighting. Hopefully the others will eventually follow.

In 1967, the year after I left school, I was on holiday on the island of Majorca, and my friends and I went to a see a bullfight, mainly because we didn't know any better. The famous bullfighter, El Cordobes, "the Beatle", was fighting, and he had difficulty dispatching his bull. I think most English people were there for the spectacle, and were naive enough not to realize that the bull actually got killed.

At this point, we decided that we didn't like what we were seeing, and to a man we threw our cushions into the ring in protest. The riot police were then called, and many of us were randomly arrested and taken away in police vans. My friends and I were lucky enough to evade arrest.

That was my first, but by no means my last encounter with the police when on a demonstration.

That bull was an excellent example of foolishness. They had something on TV recently about some idiot taunting a bison. Of course it chased the idiot and gored them.

There was a program on this week about a guy whose "favorite bear" if you will killed him. I believe he was the animal's trainer. People need to remember that these animals are WILD and can turn on you at any given moment.