[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    In either 1966 or maybe 67, King Of Gossip columnists Earl wilson reported on 'backstage trouble brewing in the Supremes camp" in the then mighty NY Daily Mirror[[which is now the NY Post);
    imagine if the tabloids had been around back then,or the entertainment news shows which didn't exist yet?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    In either 1966 or maybe 67, King Of Gossip columnists Earl wilson reported on 'backstage trouble brewing in the Supremes camp" in the then mighty NY Daily Mirror[[which is now the NY Post);
    imagine if the tabloids had been around back then,or the entertainment news shows which didn't exist yet?
    The New York Post was around in 1966...they've been in press since the early 19th Century as it was founded by Alexander Hamilton.

smark21 Guest
    I had inquired a while back about Mary's placement, very unsual, no one seemed to have an answer, but Mary also got a step out moment in "Love is Like An Itching..."; she always seemed to be personally closer to Ross,and that may have had something to do with it..I was watching to see Flo's earring fall during "Favorite Things" but I didn't see any trace of it
    Well Mary was a far better dancer than Flo and she could learn the routines.

when did being a good dancer become enough to be allowed to steal the spotlight from Miss Ross for a moment or two?that hardly ever happened,but when a 'bone' was thrown, it was usually thrown to Wilson

I had inquired a while back about Mary's placement, very unsual, no one seemed to have an answer, but Mary also got a step out moment in "Love is Like An Itching..."; she always seemed to be personally closer to Ross,and that may have had something to do with it..I was watching to see Flo's earring fall during "Favorite Things" but I didn't see any trace of it
    Did you see Cindy "stumble" during the "hits"medley?

leave Cindy ALONE!!...lol

These Ed Sullivan DVDs are available now. They are amazing quality. Fully restored, in color, shot on film. You can really see these acts like never before because they were shot on film. Check out the trailers on YouTube

1. Temptations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYuXVM9QMk

2. Supremes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cBv3wzcGs

3. Motown Gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbPVML6EgEe

smark21 Guest
    when did being a good dancer become enough to be allowed to steal the spotlight from Miss Ross for a moment or two?that hardly ever happened,but when a 'bone' was thrown, it was usually thrown to Wilson
    Mary was able to learn the routines and execute them better than Flo. Mary was also reliable and never missed a show. So it would make sense that if a "bone" were to be thrown, it would go to the more reliable and professional Mary and not to Flo.

agreed; after enjoying The Supremes DVD yesterday, today will be about The Temptations DVD; then I'm ordering the Motown Gold DVD from Amazon for next week and letting my credit card breath for a few seconds before the onslaught of Marvelettes Part2, Supremes Singles 50th,and Temptations Singles 50th..whew..

Most of the Sullivan shows were shot to videotape, not film - the only exception being the episode where they were in a hospital [[with Gladys Knight & The Pips & The Four Tops).

I was able to purchase mine from Walmart for a total of less than $27.00 for all three. The Temptations set include The Supremes "Battle of The Groups" appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Nope, but I did see Diane stumble and trip herself up during their performance of "I Get A Kick Out of You"!

I did see that but that is what makes these performances so rare and enjoyable. I did not see "I Get A Kick Out Of You" included on these DVD's so I am not sure why it was brought up.
    CAESAR IS HOME !!!!

Wasn't there once talk that there would be a "Volume 2" to the 'Supremes on Sullivan' DVD?

I recall there also being a discussion of a '70's Supremes' DVD.

Wonder what happened with those.....?

Wasn't there once talk that there would be a "Volume 2" to the 'Supremes on Sullivan' DVD?

I recall there also being a discussion of a '70's Supremes' DVD.

Wonder what happened with those.....?
    The Seventies Supremes only appeared on the show one time

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The Seventies Supremes only appeared on the show one time
    Agreed. But a 70's set could include The Andy Williams Show, The Smokey Robinson Special, This is Tom Jones [[?), The Pearl Bailey Show, The Bob Hope Special, Model of the Year, etc.

Oh, I thought you meant just the Sullivan Show. A DVD of all the Seventies Supremes TV appearances would be wonderful, but is also is probably very hard to do since it would involve so many production companies. I'd buy it