[REMOVE ADS]

Mark "Drac" Hicks From The Group Slave Passed Away

While I'm still trying to gather information, it being reported on Facebook that guitarist Mark "Drac" Hicks from the group Slave passed away.

This is really something. Early this year,we lost Mark Adams,and now this !

If anyone on the forum has any additional information,please share.

R.I.P.

I'm getting more info that Drac passed away from a heart attack,in his hometown of Dayton Ohio.

Awwwwww maaaaaaannnnnn !!!!! May he R.I.P. :-[[

You guys may not believe this but GT and I were at this show, right down front, this video doesn't do them justice but you can get a glimpse of what we experienced up close and personal. Gotta find the pics of this show, I know they are on the old forum, I'll see what I can do. RIP Drac......

Last edited by paladin; 06-14-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Sad news indeed. Quite a shock too. RIP Drac!

Marv

The video clip that Paladin posted was professionally shot for a home DVD, that you can still purchase.
    This was recorded at the African Festival of the Arts a few years ago.

Seems like everytime I log on there's another obituary these days...RIP, Mark, you really contributed a lot of pleasure
    to my youth...

Wow..so soon after Mark Adams' passing....R.I.P.

I guess this is something we'll just have to adjust to. This is mind boggling.

Sad news. Slide was a tremendous funk track.

Though they made other good songs, I never thought they equalled that first track in their first album.

Quote Originally Posted by the_chicks_call_me__slick View Post
    Sad news. Slide was a tremendous funk track.

Though they made other good songs, I never thought they equalled that first track in their first album.
    That is my feeling also. They had some excellent tracks afterwards ,but SLIDE was so raw and funky. IMO ,SLIDE was a combination of what SLY,J.B,Kool & The Gang and PARLIMENT had brought to FUNK up to that time. Slave,Mass Construction ,Brass Contruction and Cameo were the new RAW FUNK groups to come on the scene as SLY,J.B,Kool & The Gang and PARLIAMENT advanced to a more commercial and wider audience.

RIP.....the group....and especially Slide, will always have a special place in my heart.