[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of Teena Marie. I was able to see her in concert three times, twice with Rick James! I still have mint condition copies of all her vinyl albums and everything else on cd. As a fan I would love and welcome a new release!

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of Teena Marie. I was able to see her in concert three times, twice with Rick James! I still have mint condition copies of all her vinyl albums and everything else on cd. As a fan I would love and welcome a new release!
    Teena Marie obviously had/has a big following and plenty of talent but I'm not a fan. Her voice grates on me so I do struggle to listen to her. I'd much prefer a set on another artist.

MR&V might be a good idea for expanded though "Dance Party" wouldn't be my first choice. I'd like an Originals set. How much is left in the vault for any of the classic artists mentioned? I'm guessing not that much. Maybe there's an untapped resource post the Motown Unreleased years.

I second this. Her songwriter's pen and musicianship, not to mention her idiosyncratic vocals, made her one of the most exciting things to happen to Motown in the '70s. Bring her on, I say.

I saw her live at the New Orleans Jazz Fest around 2000 and she was an amazing bundle of energy on stage. I can listen to I Need Your Lovin', Behind the Groove or Square Biz anytime! She also made the news while there, seems she went to ER the night before with flu symptoms. The entire hospital staff who treated her raved about how nice she was and so generous, signing autographs and giving passes to her show. She seemed like a real sweetie.