Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
ok i'm changing my mind a little. at first my thought was that LH doesn't have the vocal or lyrical complexities of many of her other tunes. that it was more texture and production than, say, what she did on Mountain.

but then i realized that during the dance segment of LH, there really is not structure for her to go with. it's not like there was a lyric sheet and she was just singing along. she totally had to invent what she did. I love the part where she's drawing out the lines "sweeeeet love, i loooooove you, sweeeet loooove i neeeeeed love. i have love, sweeeett love hangover." i think i sort of typed those right lol. there aren't verses and choruses for her to work with and play with. she just had to make it up, to go for it. and she had to do it in a compelling fashion

that takes some talent
Yeah I think she ad-libbed the lyrics afterwards, from what I read. Everything after the slow intro was stuff she was singing off the top of her head. The song was titled "Love HANGOVER" and, uh, Miss Ross was, uh, "hung over" so to speak lol